The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on February 13, 2010, 06:19:24 am

Title: every xkcd ever
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on February 13, 2010, 06:19:24 am
Holy shit this is seriously every xkcd ever:

http://xkcd.com/701/
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: Doc on February 13, 2010, 09:21:35 am
It kind of is.
The strip itself is a little bit emo but I really love the alt text.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: theinevitable on February 13, 2010, 11:22:58 pm
I feel like there is something I don't get. Like, what is the conclusion? I don't get it?
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: pmcd9 on February 13, 2010, 11:28:46 pm
I feel like there is something I don't get. Like, what is the conclusion? I don't get it?

The conclusion is that once he analyzed all the evidence he realized he wasn't in love with her.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: theinevitable on February 13, 2010, 11:29:51 pm
oh, damn, that sucks.

Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 14, 2010, 05:22:15 pm
Not funny?
Has a chart?

Yes, every XKCD ever.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: KeithHernandez on February 14, 2010, 09:58:01 pm
Check, check, as they say.

Also, did you all hear the news?  That Adam and Eve were Jews?
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: oball on February 14, 2010, 11:02:27 pm
There is a graph.  On the X axis is sex, on the Y is computer. (http://xkcdexplained.com/)
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 14, 2010, 11:52:48 pm
The best part about XKCD is that, via hating on it when it gets that maudlin, we can hate on the parts of ourselves that think like that.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: pmcd9 on February 15, 2010, 12:40:25 am
Is that XKCD site supposed to be funny?  I'm just curious because it's not.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 15, 2010, 12:46:15 am
Some people think that the warm feeling of "getting a reference and feeling smart because of it" is the same as being amused.

XKCD is occasionally funny but most of the time it is the equal and opposite counterpoint to "Family Guy".

"I remember the concept of the Kool-Aid Man, that makes me feels smart and therefore I am amused!"

versus

"I know Math Concept #452 and I am awkward about romance/fuck*ng, that makes me feel smart and therefore I am amused!"

They are kind of exactly the same thing, just for different demographics.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: pmcd9 on February 15, 2010, 12:53:37 am
XKCD is alright sometimes.

Is that XKCD EXPLAINED site supposed to be funny?  I'm just curious because it's not.

Fixed that for me.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 15, 2010, 12:56:34 am
Oh!

XKCD Explained is the next level of that.

It is for people who can only feel smart by deconstructing other peoples' stuff and feeling smug about it instead of doing something of their own, risking failure in the action.

There is a part of me that is like that, I'll admit, but I also hate that guy.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: Chump Change on February 15, 2010, 05:41:32 am
Oh!

XKCD Explained is the next level of that.

It is for people who can only feel smart by deconstructing other peoples' stuff and feeling smug about it instead of doing something of their own, risking failure in the action.

There is a part of me that is like that, I'll admit, but I also hate that guy.

No, that can't be it. I don't enjoy XKCD Explained either.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 15, 2010, 02:32:17 pm
Sigh.

"You can't make everyone happy."  This is my new statement about everything.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: Doc on February 15, 2010, 10:19:12 pm
I mean, I like it, most of the time. Hope I can still hang out with you guys.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: CortJstr on February 15, 2010, 10:24:32 pm
I mean, I like it, most of the time. Hope I can still hang out with you guys.

I read xkcd regularly. I find it ranges from Interesting to Funny with many stops in between.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 26, 2010, 07:41:47 am
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/lnmc-xkcd-parody.php (http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/lnmc-xkcd-parody.php)
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: Doc on February 26, 2010, 12:00:32 pm
There's a thing where people, who don't get a thing, make fun of that thing on the most superficial and pedestrian level imaginable.
That might be the saddest thing.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: CortJstr on February 26, 2010, 03:09:11 pm
There's a thing where people, who don't get a thing, make fun of that thing on the most superficial and pedestrian level imaginable.
That might be the saddest thing.

This.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: lprkn on February 26, 2010, 03:55:43 pm
I did chuckle at the shirt sizes, though.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: Choop on February 26, 2010, 04:59:36 pm
i liked the cake > pi design, to be honest.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 26, 2010, 06:25:11 pm
There's a thing where people, who don't get a thing, make fun of that thing on the most superficial and pedestrian level imaginable.
That might be the saddest thing.

you have just explained human nature.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: theinevitable on February 26, 2010, 07:44:08 pm
yeah, this does not really capture the un-funniness of XKCD at its worst.

like, "haha, they're nerds" is not really my problem with XKCD.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: Toaster on February 27, 2010, 02:15:01 am
I wonder if those guys have stairs in their house.

I never understood nerds vs. jocks. Hell, I never even saw it at my high school.
Title: Re: every xkcd ever
Post by: Doc on February 27, 2010, 06:54:32 am
Ok, I'll give you the shirts, I kind of glossed over them because I thought they were unrelated.