The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pmcd9 on February 17, 2010, 01:04:16 am

Title: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: pmcd9 on February 17, 2010, 01:04:16 am
Link (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162010)

"Wow! It's like...after you have what you need, you can get this stuff, too!"

Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: CortJstr on February 17, 2010, 01:50:30 am
Dang Ray, can't you read? The statue clearly states it's for the bedroom, not the bathroom. Who has a commode in their bedroom?
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 17, 2010, 02:27:12 am
If a "Donkey Collar" isn't one of those urban-legend sex acts that everyone giggles about and no one actually does, man, it should be.
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: Choop on February 17, 2010, 02:59:28 am
TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP


it's no "affix" but it'll do
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on February 17, 2010, 03:01:24 am
I clicked on this not realising it was a thread about a new Achewood strip.

Anyway, the concept of a false false chili bowl is highly amusing. Also: White. Shiatsu.
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: AugustWest on February 17, 2010, 04:46:41 am
I would buy a Magician's Thermometer.

Don't have judgment.
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: jaydub on February 17, 2010, 05:17:52 am
Ray was probably worried about larval Money Beetles and doing some prophylactic nuking.
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 17, 2010, 02:19:25 pm
Ray learned to microwave money from Beef.
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: AugustWest on February 17, 2010, 03:13:18 pm
Wow, that was a long time to wait for another tired ass story about one of the cast making bank off Ray's [insert character peccadillo here]. Seriously, you can hear these recent strips just grunting and groaning and popping rivets from the strain of dropping a deuce.

I am not being a dick here, I am standing by my earlier statements that 'Stad needs a fresh creative outlet. He has been delivering stale bread and moldy cheese for a while.

This.  Onstad is hell of bored with Achewood.
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 17, 2010, 04:40:51 pm
Do you think it is the creative pressure of this being his only gig catching up to him?

Could it be all the side projects the dude is trying to follow through on with the same set of characters?

Is he just running out of ideas for this set of characters and situations?

I'd lean toward thinking it is was the second of these questions, myself.
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: Choop on February 17, 2010, 05:26:26 pm
damn dude i laughed, whatever
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: pmcd9 on February 17, 2010, 05:34:22 pm
I laughed too. 

However, I don't think it's a case of Onstad being tired of Achewood.  Achewood is such a broad strip that he can go wherever he wants to with it.  He's proven this in the past.  Trouble is he's either run out of things to say or he's preoccupied with something else.
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: wombat on February 17, 2010, 08:59:28 pm
I don't think this strip is bad. I think if we got a strip exactly like this every day - OK, be realistic, every couple of days - we'd be perfectly happy. But there's a lot of pressure put on a strip if you only see one like every few weeks. You expect it to be some grand production when you've had to wait that long.

Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 17, 2010, 10:32:15 pm
im wearing my pre-curled false false merkin.
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: Dangermoose on February 17, 2010, 11:57:01 pm
The only reason it's tired-ass to see another character make bank off of Ray is that Ray gives everyone a lot of opportunities.  Don't blame Stad for that if his character's a damn flake.

What is more interesting is the question raised here -- $600 is the appropriate amount to give someone after you've screwed them over.  Was Ray planning on handing somebody some nice, warm bills and then he forgot about it or changed his mind?  I've forgotten things in the microwave and I'm sure if I was Ray they'd be money I was going to give someone.
Title: Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
Post by: Lister on February 18, 2010, 08:28:17 am
im wearing my pre-curled false false merkin.

Shiatsu.