The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Choop on December 10, 2003, 01:47:21 pm

Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: Choop on December 10, 2003, 01:47:21 pm
UNLOCKED!

Be free, little thread! Be free!

Here in the Lounge, I don't believe the same rules hold as in the rest of yon fora. We've got no category, so we're free to roam. A bit. As long as one thread maintains its own train, we're good. once we start to split, threadses get the splits.

Really, I think I'm all good here.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: slink on December 10, 2003, 01:50:52 pm
It's just Jough being ruthless again. Two days the blissful glow of a new computer lasted! Not bad considering.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: pmcd9 on December 10, 2003, 04:30:36 pm
I think the thread locking was fallout from the 'caught making a pun' incident.  

~Paul
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: V-Adore on December 10, 2003, 04:57:01 pm
And lo, we have grown soft and indolent! Verily are we no longer used to mod tyrannyjustice in the wake of thread drift and in times of mod capricegreat necessity! Empires have fallen for less than this; lo, have we so soon forgetten the 'stad's treatment of the board of old?!
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: slink on December 10, 2003, 05:20:41 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
lo, have we so soon forgetten the 'stad's treatment of the board of old?!


I think we all (most of us?) have just slipped into some sort of wint'ry dementia. Fallen to nonchelance and a bizarre level of surrealism. A world in which topics are just inferiour chocolate bars, and talk of staying 'on-topic' happens in hushed tones of addiction.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: V-Adore on December 10, 2003, 06:49:09 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
lo, have we so soon forgetten the 'stad's treatment of the board of old?!


I think we all (most of us?) have just slipped into some sort of wint'ry dementia. Fallen to nonchelance and a bizarre level of surrealism. A world in which topics are just inferiour chocolate bars, and talk of staying 'on-topic' happens in hushed tones of addiction.

Perhaps it's just evidence of how much I'm running on caffeine and adrenaline right now, but that entire paragraph read like some sort of "A Martian Sends a Postcard Home"-style prose-ish poem. It seems quite appropriate, anyway.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: jay-ell on December 10, 2003, 06:53:14 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
And lo, we have grown soft and indolent! Verily are we no longer used to mod tyrannyjustice in the wake of thread drift and in times of mod capricegreat necessity! Empires have fallen for less than this; lo, have we so soon forgetten the 'stad's treatment of the board of old?!


Hmmm...I have been getting a little slack on y'all.  I think I may tighten the reigns on the Achewood fora pretty soon...as soon as I have time to split about a zillion threads.  Pedro was commenting the other day that it's gotten difficult to remember what's in a thread because the titles have nothing to do with where they end up.  

However, I'm leaving the non-Achewood fora in the capable hands of my moderators.  I trust them to run their sections as they see fit, with the iron fist of justice or with a cool, laid-back, devil-may care attitude.  But please, kids, let's do try to keep the fluff in the lower fora, shall we?
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: Pedro Picasso on December 10, 2003, 07:35:29 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
I trust them to run their sections as they see fit, with the iron fist of justice or with a cool, laid-back, devil-may care attitude.


Come on now.  Don't be lazy.  The antithesis of an iron fist of justice is not some dinky attitude.  It must be another fist of some sort.  Perhaps a soft and supple fist.  Like a linguini fist of laissez faire.   Or maybe an unnervingly soft handshake of indifference.  

That would even make good holiday merchandise (to leap back on topic).  Little miniature fists.  Who wouldn't want the "Iron Fist of Justice(tm)" and the "Fuzzy Fist of Forgiveness(tm)" adorning their desk?
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: jay-ell on December 10, 2003, 07:37:50 pm
See, people?  See why I married him?  

And yet, this post takes us still further off-topic.  I am weak.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: Choop on December 10, 2003, 08:18:06 pm
Fanks, J.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: jay-ell on December 10, 2003, 08:27:52 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Little miniature fists.  Who wouldn't want the "Iron Fist of Justice(tm)" and the "Fuzzy Fist of Forgiveness(tm)" adorning their desk?


On second glance, ought this not to be the "Fuzzy Upturned Palm of Forgiveness?"
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: CortJstr on December 10, 2003, 09:03:25 pm
The Fuzzy Bearhug of Forgiveness.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: Pedro Picasso on December 10, 2003, 09:06:49 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The Fuzzy Bearhug of Forgiveness.


I can see a fuzzy bear desk ornament, but that's not what you're going for.  How exactly would you represent a bearhug in three dimensions?  This could be interesting.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: CortJstr on December 10, 2003, 09:14:43 pm
It would have sproingy arms. It could grasp pencils or fingers. Perhaps a jumbo model that fit around mugs or water bottles.

The keys here are fuzzy and sproingy. We'll make millions.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: wombat on December 10, 2003, 09:54:22 pm
Did this used to be the thread about how adorable JL and Pedro are? Because I'm having trouble resisting turning it back into that.

I pretty much have a little miniature fist in real life, so I don't need to buy one to do my little miniature moderation with.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: Choop on December 10, 2003, 10:14:49 pm
Don't make me split this thread again.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: slink on December 10, 2003, 10:19:25 pm
Yea, why can't we just get little (fuzzy - it's always fun) JL's and Pedro's for our desks.
They can just spend their time being them while we work, cheering us up, and then when the little fuzzy JL's and Pedro's want to get, erm, sproingy, they can climb into the rollerdex or something.

I find my fuzzy alien, mushroom and dragon don't work effectively enough.

be complete again my post!
weeeeeeee.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: jay-ell on December 10, 2003, 10:20:45 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Yea, why can't we just get little (fuzzy - it's always fun) JL's and Pedro's for our desks.
They can just spend their time being them while we work, cheering us up, and then when the little fuzzy JL's and Pedro's want to get, erm, sproingy, they can climb into the rollerdex or something.


Holy cow.  I will figure out how to do this.  I will.

edit: I quoted you too fast.  That brilliant bit of prose, which you apparently reconsidered, then withdrew, will live in infamy!  Forever.  

I think it's hilarious.  
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: pmcd9 on December 10, 2003, 11:05:45 pm
Where has Fearless Dictator been today?  Why do I get the feeling something is gonna hit the fan when he sees all that has gone on in here today.

~Paul
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: jough on December 10, 2003, 11:26:35 pm
I am still basking in the warm glow of my new notebook computer.

However, I have been very busy and will continue to be until the end of the year.  So most of you will escape my swift fist of retribution long enough to play around a little.

Mostly I close threads because you little monkeys have been quite busy over the past few days and I don't have time to read EVERY POST anymore.

SO I WILL TRUST THE MODERATORS TO THEIR JOBS AND WILL NOT CLOSE DOWN THE BOARD THE LAST THREE WEEKS OF THE YEAR LIKE I HAD PLANNED TO
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: andalucia on December 10, 2003, 11:26:38 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Holy cow.  I will figure out how to do this.  I will.


Dare I ask whether you mean creating a tiny doll of yourself, or having sex in a Rolodex?

Probly not, huh?
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: jough on December 10, 2003, 11:28:50 pm
Oh, and I second the necessity of the Pedro and JLD fully poseable action figures, although I would keep them in lewd poses, on their knees, hands together, just flat-out hardcore praying 24/7.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: slink on December 10, 2003, 11:34:09 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"

edit: I quoted you too fast.  That brilliant bit of prose, which you apparently reconsidered, then withdrew, will live in infamy!  Forever.  

I think it's hilarious.  [/size]


Doh. I didn't actually mean to remove it!
I was far too happy with myself for it!
So, thankyou for saving it!!!!
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: CortJstr on December 11, 2003, 01:50:44 am
Quote from: "slink"
Yea, why can't we just get little (fuzzy - it's always fun) JL's and Pedro's for our desks.
They can just spend their time being them while we work, cheering us up, and then when the little fuzzy JL's and Pedro's want to get, erm, sproingy, they can climb into the rollerdex or something.


This sounds frighteningly like the conversations my S.O. and I have about our stuffed frog and turtle. It's quite eerie.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 11, 2003, 03:38:34 pm
OK, I don't mean to tell anyone how to do their jobs, but I don't get this whole "The boards are crazy and out of control" vibe.  Compared to 90% of the message boards and other on-line communities I've visited, this one is downright civil and orderly.

If this is all in jest and I just don't get it, please whack me upside the head.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: jay-ell on December 11, 2003, 03:45:25 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
OK, I don't mean to tell anyone how to do their jobs, but I don't get this whole "The boards are crazy and out of control" vibe.  Compared to 90% of the message boards and other on-line communities I've visited, this one is downright civil and orderly.

If this is all in jest and I just don't get it, please whack me upside the head.


Whack!   :lol:
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: side_show on December 11, 2003, 06:56:34 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "slink"
Yea, why can't we just get little (fuzzy - it's always fun) JL's and Pedro's for our desks.
They can just spend their time being them while we work, cheering us up, and then when the little fuzzy JL's and Pedro's want to get, erm, sproingy, they can climb into the rollerdex or something.


Holy cow.  I will figure out how to do this.  I will.

edit: I quoted you too fast.  That brilliant bit of prose, which you apparently reconsidered, then withdrew, will live in infamy!  Forever.  

I think it's hilarious.  


ohh, ohh! Make them bobble headed!!
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: V-Adore on December 11, 2003, 10:19:32 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "slink"
Yea, why can't we just get little (fuzzy - it's always fun) JL's and Pedro's for our desks.
They can just spend their time being them while we work, cheering us up, and then when the little fuzzy JL's and Pedro's want to get, erm, sproingy, they can climb into the rollerdex or something.


ohh, ohh! Make them bobble headed!!

This is bizarrely disturbing in the light of the "Suckin' Dick Got This Man" thread.
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: St_Zartan on December 11, 2003, 11:25:17 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This is bizarrely disturbing in the light of the "Suckin' Dick Got This Man" thread.


Not so much disturbing as redundant - it's like asking "ooh! wait! does this car come standard with pedals?"
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: V-Adore on December 11, 2003, 11:46:55 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This is bizarrely disturbing in the light of the "Suckin' Dick Got This Man" thread.


Not so much disturbing as redundant - it's like asking "ooh! wait! does this car come standard with pedals?"

Fair enough. Admittedly, it's not as required per se, but... well, you see where I'm going with this.

(Now I want a Jough bobblehead for my dashboard.)
Title: The Great Moderation Debate
Post by: jough on December 12, 2003, 08:42:04 pm
The Jough bobblehead is available for rent or lease, but it's not for your dash board, it's for that "special area."  Available at a Bed Bath and Beyond near you for only $41.00 (USD).