The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on February 23, 2010, 12:17:05 am

Title: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on February 23, 2010, 12:17:05 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02222010

Oh no!
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: AugustWest on February 23, 2010, 01:02:13 am
SkyMall is a harsh mistress.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: TedStriker on February 23, 2010, 01:13:41 am
Little Massive Man is getting some Beef-style Worry Work biceps.

Also, at another time in this strip's history, this arc would encorporate some Little Nephew jealousy and accompanying Ray guilt and/or yelling. Amirite?
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: CortJstr on February 23, 2010, 01:32:22 am
Somebody please explain the restaurant name to me. Thank you.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: Toaster on February 23, 2010, 01:41:08 am
It means enmity in Latin.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: Lister on February 24, 2010, 07:39:08 am
Oh.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: Choop on February 24, 2010, 07:46:05 am
oh look what i found (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08182005)
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: Choop on February 24, 2010, 04:23:36 pm
all i could remember was a funky name involving grammar. i was surprised though i know better than to have been that the glass reflection lines and brick were exactly the same pattern at enmitas as poultry; ; it's lazy-cum-clever at perhaps its best.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: Doc on February 24, 2010, 11:12:47 pm
Onstad has taken chops at how these theme type restaurants tend to churn over in the blogs before, so this isn't too far out of theme. I kinda took at Ray's still going to the same place that's the next place.

Which, I guess, is cute background stuff if you want to dig in that far.

Who does? (me)
(I do)
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 25, 2010, 01:10:19 am
p is a responsible little guy

waiter!  send that young otter a frosty yoohoo and put it on my bill.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: robot_god on February 26, 2010, 08:52:36 am
Onstad has taken chops at how these theme type restaurants tend to churn over in the blogs before, so this isn't too far out of theme. I kinda took at Ray's still going to the same place that's the next place.

Which, I guess, is cute background stuff if you want to dig in that far.

Who does? (me)

Yeah, too bad there ain't no blogs no more.  I hope he ain't writing a book or something stupid like that.  Anyone remember the blogs?  They were possibly the best parts of Achewood.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 26, 2010, 09:46:38 am
I always assumed they still existed but were behind The Paywall, just like everything other than a strip every other two weeks.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: robot_god on February 26, 2010, 10:03:14 am
I suscribed to it like twice in the past two years, it's okay but it's no blogs.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: nDed on February 26, 2010, 06:33:50 pm
The concept of pork fries intrigues me, but I'm guessing they're just gussied up cracklings. I wonder how well that would actually work with a burger.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: wombat on February 27, 2010, 12:06:03 am
I always assumed they still existed but were behind The Paywall, just like everything other than a strip every other two weeks.

Sometimes there is something sort of like a blog. There was one from Roast Beef this week.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: jay-ell on February 27, 2010, 04:56:00 am
I keep mis-reading this thread title as "I sit at the kid's table," which sounds like a fun magazine for adults who tell knock-knock jokes and make sculptures with their mashed potatoes.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: pmcd9 on February 27, 2010, 08:43:55 pm
I keep mis-reading this thread title as "I sit at the kid's table," which sounds like a fun magazine for adults who tell knock-knock jokes and make sculptures with their mashed potatoes.

I never graduated from the kids table.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 27, 2010, 08:59:05 pm
I never graduated from the kids table.

emotionally, or in general?
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: pmcd9 on February 27, 2010, 09:11:01 pm
emotionally, or in general?

I was being specific actually.  At my Grandmother's house I sat at the kid's table until I was about 22-3 years old and my Grandmother died and we stopped having parties at her house. 

Now that I've bought her house I take my meals at the same kitchen table (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/4137238117/) I ate Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner on for all those years.
Title: Re: 22nd February 2010 - I Sit At The Table kid's magazine
Post by: jay-ell on February 27, 2010, 10:41:55 pm
Oh!

Oh, this makes me want to weep tears of nostalgia and joy and loss all at once.

Thank you for that beautiful thought, Paul.