The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on March 03, 2010, 09:47:02 pm

Title: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 03, 2010, 09:47:02 pm
I'm not sure I understand what Ray's getting at here (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03032010).
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: Choop on March 03, 2010, 09:56:36 pm
those damn magazines
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 03, 2010, 10:10:28 pm
funny how ray is equating his dickitude to tough love, considering how his mom wiped his ass for most of his life.
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: theinevitable on March 03, 2010, 10:18:12 pm
yeah, this line of thought always makes me mad.
PLEASING MIDDLE COURSE, DICK!
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 03, 2010, 10:24:16 pm
Ray's business will lose, though.
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 03, 2010, 10:26:49 pm
I misread it originally as not "betrayal is the logical consequence of friendship" rather, just skimming it, I read it as:

"betrayal is the logical consequence of success" and I think I like it better that way.

ALSO: kids got all the time in the damn world to be hard and bitter. give 'em some fuck*ng time to be soft, I say.*

*I say this as a man who has done nothing with his life and was raised about as soft as you can be raised by working-class people without a lot of money. I understand the irony, believe me.
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: lprkn on March 03, 2010, 10:59:54 pm
Snifflepronin
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: Chump Change on March 03, 2010, 11:30:06 pm
Little Nephew has starved to death.
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: wombat on March 03, 2010, 11:32:07 pm
I always wondered why record players used to be so huge and loud and grownups so drunk, and aren't anymore.
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: Dangermoose on March 03, 2010, 11:41:40 pm
I always wondered why record players used to be so huge and loud and grownups so drunk, and aren't anymore.

This was the entire rationale for big band music, I think.
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 03, 2010, 11:42:09 pm
I always wondered why record players used to be so huge and loud and grownups so drunk, and aren't anymore.

car audio systems have replaced record players as the loudest sound-y thing.  
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: Doc on March 03, 2010, 11:45:45 pm
car audio systems have replaced record players as the loudest sound-y thing.  

And people with those are often drunk.
Interesting.
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: CortJstr on March 03, 2010, 11:53:13 pm
This was the entire rationale for big band music, I think.

Turn off that hippy crap!
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: robot_god on March 05, 2010, 09:40:31 am
Little Nephew has starved to death.

Wait did Ray get him out of the past with Magical Realism?  Or is LN still in 1800's Wales?
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: pmcd9 on March 05, 2010, 09:56:45 am
Wait did Ray get him out of the past with Magical Realism?  Or is LN still in 1800's Wales?

1800s?  I thought it was the 1600s and I thought there was something happened prevented him from going back.  Anyway, wherever he's at he's a big boy now and very capable of taking care of himself.
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: Doc on March 06, 2010, 06:26:43 am
Big Nephew?
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 06, 2010, 07:14:04 am
IIRC, little massive nephew was last seen in the garage trying to figure out how to make the magical mexican realism poncho activate and thus send himself back to wales in the 1700s.
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: neonfreon on March 08, 2010, 08:57:25 am
Holy shit guys, assetbar is down again
Title: Re: 3rd March, 2010 - Tasty old herpes
Post by: pmcd9 on March 08, 2010, 09:28:17 am
Holy shit guys, assetbar is down again

Oh dear.