The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Daisy Owl => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 06, 2010, 05:19:43 pm

Title: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: pmcd9 on March 06, 2010, 05:19:43 pm
Y'all don't look like 'yer from 'round here (http://daisyowl.com/comic/2010-03-06).

Check out the time lapse, it's pretty fun.
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: CortJstr on March 06, 2010, 07:06:01 pm
The bald guy is like the Casey Jones of Daisy Owl.
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: Choop on March 06, 2010, 08:28:12 pm
bristle (?)
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: Doc on March 07, 2010, 02:09:37 am
The bald guy is like the Casey Jones of Daisy Owl.

I had to wiki that because I knew I knew the name, the first hit was:
Quote
John Luther "Casey" Jones (March 14, 1863 – April 30, 1900) was an American railroad engineer from Jackson, Tennessee who worked for the Illinois Central Railroad (IC). On April 30, 1900, he alone was killed when his passenger train collided with a stalled freight train at Vaughan, Mississippi on a foggy and rainy night. His dramatic death trying to stop his train and save lives made him a folk hero who became immortalized in a popular ballad sung by his friend Wallace Saunders, an African American engine wiper for the IC. Due to the enduring popularity of this song, his life and legend have been celebrated for over a century.[1]

Arguably just as cool.
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: robot_god on March 07, 2010, 11:19:57 am
The timelapse drawing thing Driscoll put up with that comic was pretty cool, but what was even more interesting were the two awesome songs in the video that he said he produced.
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: oball on March 07, 2010, 01:30:56 pm
There is now a music store on the site. (http://daisyowl.com/store/music.php)
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: miles on March 07, 2010, 05:49:13 pm
I had to wiki that because I knew I knew the name, the first hit was:
Arguably just as cool.

Oh, I get the reference now. I just assumed he was referring to the train engineer, but then I googled it and the second hit was Casey Jones of TMNT fame. I had forgotten about that dude.
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: CortJstr on March 07, 2010, 09:53:14 pm
Oh, I get the reference now. I just assumed he was referring to the train engineer, but then I googled it and the second hit was Casey Jones of TMNT fame. I had forgotten about that dude.

Exactly. Because the TMNT Casey Jones carried around baseball bats and golf clubs and other blunt weapons.
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 07, 2010, 10:31:04 pm
He is like The Punisher if The Punisher only had the weapons extant in a Sports Authority.
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: wombat on March 07, 2010, 10:34:19 pm
Quote
Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: jaydub on March 07, 2010, 10:37:12 pm
Quote
Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

QFT

I totally thought of the engineer (who I mostly know through a Grateful Dead song, I think).  I vaguely recollect the TMNT thing now.  Guy with a hockey mask, right?
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: pmcd9 on March 08, 2010, 12:41:51 am
When Doc pointed out that it wasn't the famous engineer that Crt was referring to I assumed he was instead talking abut Casey at the Bat.
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 08, 2010, 08:49:34 pm
casey is not a proper name for a male person.
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: CortJstr on March 08, 2010, 08:55:03 pm
casey is not a proper name for a male person.

Supposedly this is why when Casey formed the Sunshine Band he decided to write his name as KC instead.
Title: Re: 2010-03-06 Space Diner
Post by: side_show on March 08, 2010, 09:07:16 pm
and Casey Kasem has spent his whole life just trying to prove himself worthy of attention.  But according to wikipedia Casey is not actually his name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Kasem), so... I dunno' I guess my theory's shot.

From Wikipedia:
Quote
Kasem is of Lebanese Druze heritage,[1] and he is a vegan (something which affected the Shaggy character during his time voicing him).[9]


Yeah, that's was Shaggy was... a vegan.