The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: greenkoolayd on March 09, 2010, 04:57:27 pm
-
lindsay lohan sues E-Trade (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/lohan_such_baby_jVdQWABj9z0MgXzCv1Nh1O)
-
Heh!
-
That baby is supposed to be a parody of Lindsey Lohan? So Lindsey Lohan saw a baby portrayed as a boyfriend stealing
alcomilkaholic with the same first name as herself and she assumes that it is a parody of her? This is what happened?
Is there something I've missed here? I don't know Lindsay Lohan's history, is she a boyfriend stealing alcoholic? Seems like I've seen her on the cover of the tabloids a bunch, but I don't follow celebrity gossip. Has she become synonymous for this type of behavior?
-
no, she's a lush with a dj ex-girlfriend, failed movie and fashion careers, and a young sister she takes to bars with her. she heard "holic lindsey" and turned to answer, then saw the tv and cried. and then she probably peed herself.
-
yah, this makes no sense, it's going to be bad publicity for her (and she's not going to win) and it is totally going to be great for e-trade.
She was really great in Mean Girls don't you think? She was so fine then too back before she became anorexic.
-
Well.
A) For that sort of person, the phrase stands true. There is no bad publicity. She's clearly addicted to being famous and people are talking about her again. That's all that matters. She did SO many things to get attention that the American public even got bored with A YOUNG ONCE-ATTRACTIVE WOMAN'S ON AGAIN OFF AGAIN LESBIAN RELATIONSHIP. Think about that. Think about how much famemongering you have to get for America to get bored with that.
B) We have to at least entertain the idea that she has gone SO crazy that she really believes this. And that her legal people are either just enablers or thinking they can make money off this or, perhaps the most fun, are at the point where they're just along for the ride toward the inevitable trainwreck. "She thinks that a commercial defamed her because a character in it was named Lindsey? You know what? Fuck it. Let's play along. It could get REALLY funny."
Now, of course, I would love the "fuck it" explanation but the fame-addict thing probably hangs closer to Occam's Razor.
-
What really happened?
Lindsay Lohan's PR people realized that her name hadn't been in the rags much for the past couple of months. People weren't talking about her on the internet. So one of the more clever/creative flacks noticed the name "Lindsay" was used in a cute commercial, hit the speed-dial for the house mouthpiece, sent a couple e-mails to some tame media contacts and ...
BANG!
We're all talking about Lindsay again!
-
this is what disney does to children.
-
She was really great in Mean Girls don't you think? She was so fine then too back before she became anorexic.
QFT.
-
What really happened?
Lindsay Lohan's PR people realized that her name hadn't been in the rags much for the past couple of months minutes. People weren't talking about her on the internet with every second tweet. So one of the more clever/creative flacks noticed the name "Lindsay" was used in a cute commercial, hit the speed-dial for the house mouthpiece, sent a couple e-mails to some tame media contacts and ...
BANG!
We're all talking about Lindsay again!
Fixed that for you.
Also, yes - she is known for stealing boyfriends. Something to do with Aaron Carter. I am not going to google it, as I have already wasted enough of my brain on "things I know about Lindsay Lohan."
Also - I never thought she was hot.
-
Wasn't she in a movie like 8 years ago or something? That's the last time I heard her name.
-
Also - I never thought she was hot.
Beg to differ. (http://www.therookiesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/lindsay-lohan-bikini-hq.jpg) MO, YMMV, natch.
-
thousands of geeks changed ##### (http://www.deansplanet.com/images/celebs/broads/lindsey_lohan/lindsay_lohan_SNL_03.jpg)
-
Wasn't she in a movie like 8 years ago or something?
Quoted for Truth. Yeah, the last thing I remember is Mean Girls..
-
Beg to differ. (http://www.therookiesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/lindsay-lohan-bikini-hq.jpg) MO, YMMV, natch.
Having a good eye for airbrushing means I can tell when freckles have been blurred together. Gingers are so not my thing. Bleh.
-
I gotta lotta respect for Lindsey and she deserves to win the case.