The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: Doc on March 15, 2010, 12:50:05 pm

Title: JL guest stars in XKCD
Post by: Doc on March 15, 2010, 12:50:05 pm
It's the first thing I thought (http://xkcd.com/714/), anyway.
Title: Re: JL guest stars in XKCD
Post by: CortJstr on March 15, 2010, 02:09:51 pm
I thought of several of my female friends but JL was in the list.
Title: Re: JL guest stars in XKCD
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 15, 2010, 03:09:16 pm
What the hell would the Author of XKCD know about women anyway? It's not like he's ever successfully spoken to one.

Maybe that's why he was reading Porn for Women to begin with.
Title: Re: JL guest stars in XKCD
Post by: lprkn on March 15, 2010, 04:45:10 pm
I was kind of wondering about that angle of the whole thing, too.
Title: Re: JL guest stars in XKCD
Post by: AugustWest on March 15, 2010, 05:35:58 pm
Porn for Women?  I thought that was HGTV...
Title: Re: JL guest stars in XKCD
Post by: jay-ell on March 15, 2010, 06:25:18 pm
Porn for Women?  I thought that was HGTV...

This is porn for women (http://www.amazon.com/Women-Cambridge-Womens-Pornography-Cooperative/dp/0811855511).

Personally, I find the "Porn for Women" books hilarious, in spite of myself. Five years ago, before these books became popular, I photographed Pedro mopping the kitchen floor in tight jeans and a wife-beater, the joke being that I would look back on these pictures in my "private moments."

But yeah, honestly, the value in seeing a man doing housework is mainly that it frees up my time and energy for fuck*ng, so if it's just pictures of Random Guy pretending to do a task that, in the end, I still have to do myself, it's not really helpful to me on a personal level.

I'm honored to be thought of in connection with such fine feminist ideals.