The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: miles on March 18, 2010, 02:12:48 am
-
Fuck (http://pitchfork.com/news/38212-alex-chilton-rip/)
Edit: If there is an afterlife, hopefully they are jamming (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5475.msg149604.html#msg149604)
-
-pours homebrew on the floor- RIP Alex
-
shitttt.
Big Star is huge influence on most of my favorite bands. Also, I bought that album right before I graduated from high school on the recommendation of someone from this board. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSJYZyouek)
also, song I didn't realize Mr. Chilton wrote for a long time-- The Letter (http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=wD9mCp8SifM&feature=related).
This video is kind of funny though.
-
My dad saw the Monks when they were playing on Air Force Bases in Germany and today he sent me a message asking if I knew of Big Star. I was all, oh hell yeah, who hasn't they're great e.t.c. Well, along with living on an air force base in germany, he went to military school in Tennessee, and apparently hung out with Chilton when he was in the Box Tops, I guess they were a teen band? It was weird, I had never heard of the Box Tops and he had never heard of Big Star.
-
It's funny, I dismissed Big Star for several years because I knew it was the dude from the Box Tops. I like The Letter and all, but I couldn't see that dude as being such a major figure.
I've been listening to Big Star a lot the past couple of days. I wish I had more of Alex's music.
-
he went to military school in Tennessee, and apparently hung out with Chilton when he was in the Box Tops, I guess they were a teen band? It was weird, I had never heard of the Box Tops and he had never heard of Big Star.
You recognize this, right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD9mCp8SifM
I think it's really their only hit.
Edit: Right, so I read Inev's edit where he posted this same video after I posted it, so, sorry for the unnecessary post.
-
I think it's really their only hit.
Yeah, but it was a huge hit and then it was a hit again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RnjWLVyMps).