The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2010, 02:35:13 pm

Title: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2010, 02:35:13 pm
And we're live. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03192010)

I hope this arc goes where I wanted Jaime the Science Friend to go instead of skipping to ApologiesForMen.com and letting us imagine the consequences.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 19, 2010, 03:00:53 pm
I laffed.

Philippe did not exactly lock down the sales pitch there, but maybe people will be intrigued enough to inquire into the delightful otter's identity and business.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: side_show on March 19, 2010, 03:18:36 pm
Those are exactly the images high school students would compile in the 90's!  I laughed.  Nothing like Phillippe x3 superimposed over a burning monk.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: CortJstr on March 19, 2010, 04:39:59 pm
Those are exactly the images high school students would compile in the 90's!  I laughed.  Nothing like Phillippe x3 superimposed over a burning monk.

I'm assuming Philippe is doing a little dance here. It's all in his arm positioning.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 19, 2010, 08:10:49 pm
One of our number posted "Hungarian Party Toilet!" as a Facebook status update today.  I almost clicked "Like," but then I thought of how that would look to the non-Achewood-centric.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: jay-ell on March 19, 2010, 08:12:36 pm
Whereas I just figured he was posting his current location and let it go.

OH SNAP!
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 19, 2010, 08:33:08 pm
that dude reminds of those other nerdy/white trash guys that collect decorative knives from bud k (http://budk.com).
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: side_show on March 19, 2010, 09:06:00 pm
Interestingly enough, I've started referring to everything as a __________-party in the past little while. 

For example, after I had used the toilet, the dog got upset when my husband used the toilet right after me, and the husband asked way.   I explained that the dog was upset that he wasn't invited to the piss party.

Then for a reason I don't want to get into, all three cats and the dog each puked while I was out on errands for less than an hour, and I came home to my husband explaining that I had missed the puke party.  I asked if the husband was part of the party, but no he was an observer.  Sadly the puke party still requires some clean up.  There is a stain beside the couch and another on top of the TV and on the floor beside it.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: connorbd on March 19, 2010, 11:16:43 pm
I hate to engage in acts of blatant pedantry, but I don't think Onstad knows much about public access TV -- Teodor wouldn't need to call in any favors, just walk in and sign up. Although I must admit, the annoyance between Teodor and the station guy is something I've experienced a few times, since not every producer knows everything they need to know about the equipment and software...

That and no one in their right mind would ever do a commercial or PSA spot live. It's pointless since things like that are easily bumped depending on how long or short a full-length program runs; it would usually be recorded to DVD and handed to the program director to put on whenever there's a spare minute between shows. Teodor and Philippe are doing this the way hard way.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: Choop on March 19, 2010, 11:56:22 pm
artistic license
suspension of disbelief
talking cats and alive stuffed animals
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 20, 2010, 12:31:17 am
artistic license
suspension of disbelief
talking cats and alive stuffed animals

no wai! srsly?!
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 20, 2010, 01:38:14 am
Man imagine the kind of toilet party you could have with a Hungarian party toilet

That's like a triple reverse toilet party times nine
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: AugustWest on March 20, 2010, 01:40:32 am
I hate to engage in acts of blatant pedantry, but I don't think Onstad knows much about public access TV -- Teodor wouldn't need to call in any favors, just walk in and sign up. Although I must admit, the annoyance between Teodor and the station guy is something I've experienced a few times, since not every producer knows everything they need to know about the equipment and software...

That and no one in their right mind would ever do a commercial or PSA spot live. It's pointless since things like that are easily bumped depending on how long or short a full-length program runs; it would usually be recorded to DVD and handed to the program director to put on whenever there's a spare minute between shows. Teodor and Philippe are doing this the way hard way.

Education.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: lprkn on March 20, 2010, 01:45:21 am
I hate to engage in acts of blatant pedantry, bla bla bla

Forgive me if I don't believe you. 'sokay though, many of us around here are the very definition of pedantic.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: connorbd on March 20, 2010, 04:48:36 am
artistic license
suspension of disbelief
talking cats and alive stuffed animals

I would say rather Rule of Funny.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 20, 2010, 04:29:46 pm
Next thing you know someone will suggest that public access television doesn't typically have a live feed from the public library.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: pmcd9 on March 20, 2010, 05:43:56 pm
That thought crossed my mind.  Who does live commercials anymore?  Even Paul Harvey tapes his commercials in advance nowadays.

But I took my thoughts in another direction.  My logic says that this program director was so incompetent he didn't know how to do it any other way.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: AugustWest on March 20, 2010, 06:35:52 pm
That thought crossed my mind.  Who does live commercials anymore?  Even Paul Harvey tapes his commercials in advance nowadays.


Zombie Paul Harvey is still shilling for the Kraftmatic Adjustable Bed.
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: Choop on March 20, 2010, 07:10:33 pm
waaaay in advance
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: connorbd on March 21, 2010, 02:22:22 am
Next thing you know someone will suggest that public access television doesn't typically have a live feed from the public library.

Actually, that is very possible... we did it a couple of weeks ago from a nearby college theatre...
Title: Re: Hungarian Party Toilet - 2010-03-19
Post by: pmcd9 on March 21, 2010, 07:18:54 am
Did Paul Harvey Die and I didn't hear about it?

Edit:  Yep!