The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: robot_god on March 25, 2010, 09:56:57 am

Title: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: robot_god on March 25, 2010, 09:56:57 am
You can only pick one.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

Rocky Racoon
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: AugustWest on March 25, 2010, 12:48:06 pm
I'm Only Sleeping
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: miles on March 25, 2010, 12:50:21 pm
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 25, 2010, 01:00:05 pm
A Day In The Life
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 25, 2010, 02:13:23 pm
You can only pick one.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

Thank you for that.  I posted this question on another message board years ago (without the rule), and everyone went "Oh I can't pick just one.  I like..." and then they'd list ten songs.

Yes you can pick just one.  THAT'S THE POINT.

Anyway.  "She Said She Said."
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 25, 2010, 02:38:32 pm
You know my name, look up the number.
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: Choop on March 25, 2010, 04:06:36 pm
I Want You (She's So Heavy)

it's everything they were distilled into one sexy raw tune
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: Drygioni on March 25, 2010, 04:21:11 pm
I'd have to say... The Best Of The Beatles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZspqjtG2k)

Christ. That's a tough one. My favourite (but not the best) is probably. Er. Will have a listen and get back to this.
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 25, 2010, 04:36:33 pm
Eleanor Rigby.

That's it, that's all I need from them boys.

None of them play on that song.  It's only Paul's voice backed by a string quartet.

I Want You (She's So Heavy)

it's everything they were distilled into one sexy raw tune

No it's not.  She's so Heavy is a fuck*ng awesome song, but it's hardly a summation of all they were.
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 25, 2010, 04:47:29 pm
Right. Do you think that was an accident, Paul?

Of course not.
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: Choop on March 25, 2010, 04:50:17 pm
tight harmonies, great chord progressions, chorus/verse more like different halves of two songs, amazing production values, themes of desire and regret and foolishness... okay, it might not be *everything* they were but it sure is a representative sample
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 25, 2010, 05:22:55 pm
You Never Give Me Your Money.
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: Drygioni on March 25, 2010, 05:40:14 pm
CUNT Fields Forever
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: AugustWest on March 25, 2010, 05:56:28 pm
CUNT Fields Forever

Let me take you down, baby...
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: Drygioni on March 25, 2010, 08:51:58 pm
Bwahahaha
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: Mr Trout on March 26, 2010, 03:52:09 pm
Frack, this is a tough one. My favorite Beatles song is usually my favorite on whatever album of theirs I'm listening to currently. Lately it has been The One After 909 since I've been watching the rooftop concert footage on Youtube. Best. Live Performance. Ever.
Title: Re: Which is the best Beatles song?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 26, 2010, 04:52:21 pm
I guess I'm gonna have to just listen to them all again before I decide.