The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: PinkStainlessTail on December 11, 2003, 08:19:33 pm

Title: Erik Satie
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on December 11, 2003, 08:19:33 pm
I've been listening to Satie's three Sarabandes and the ballets Adventures of Mercury and Parade over and over lately. I think I'm slipping into a period of desire for classical music and am open to suggestions (and offer the pieces above as suggestions of my own to anyone who might be moving into a similar phase).
Title: Erik Satie
Post by: Limmo on December 11, 2003, 08:29:24 pm
I only have one CD of Satie's piano music.  It goes from sweet and light ( the Gymnopedies ) to some kinda strange stuff.

Suggestion: Debussy's Nocturnes?
Title: Erik Satie
Post by: slink on December 11, 2003, 08:41:56 pm
I'd recommend Bach, Mozart or Beethoven (7th and Opera Concerto).
Also, Pergoleisi is rather fine.
Chopin too.
They are all fairly accessible as classical goes, and you have the optins of going for straight symphonies, polonaises or operas with them.
Title: Erik Satie
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on December 11, 2003, 08:53:57 pm
This disc (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000000AOM/qid=1071175876/sr=1-10/ref=sr_1_10/103-1175473-9103018?v=glance&s=classical), particularly the bits by Milhaud, has also been getting a lot of attention lately. I dig the French I guess...