The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on March 31, 2010, 03:41:15 am
-
So the little shaver is going home. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03302010)
For good, or just for the duration of the storyline?
-
My socks never fly into the suitcase like that.
-
"crabby old men and bedsit guitarists"
I mean, while some of us here are not guitarists and some of us are ladies...
I think he's got us down.
A++, Perfect Shipping Forever, Would Read Again, Superstar Seller
-
It is understood that Ray is allowed to not have used his vast fortune to send Philippe home years ago without a lot of authorial explanation.
I'm also stealing the phrase "devil of a [time frame]"
-
It is understood that Ray is allowed to not have used his vast fortune to send Philippe home years ago without a lot of authorial explanation.
This; thanks.
-
It is understood that Ray is allowed to not have used his vast fortune to send Philippe home years ago without a lot of authorial explanation.
No, you're not allowed to think about this at all. Why do they need vast wealth to send the boy home at all? Just put him on a plane. A ticket cost a few hundred dollars. Why are they raising him in the first place? If those circumstances still prevail no amount of money will make a difference. In fact, they could only prove to complicate the matter.
-
No, you're not allowed to think about this at all. Why do they need vast wealth to send the boy home at all? Just put him on a plane. A ticket cost a few hundred dollars. Why are they raising him in the first place? If those circumstances still prevail no amount of money will make a difference. In fact, they could only prove to complicate the matter.
I actually meant that seriously. It's like the MST3K theme song, just sit back and enjoy the storyline.
-
Phillipe wouldn't take Ray's charity. He wanted to go back to his mom on his own dime, to prove that he'd really made it in the world.
Also, I suspect Ray's wealth is mostly on paper, and what he does have he constantly has to spend on $600 apologies.
-
I actually meant that seriously. It's like the MST3K theme song, just sit back and enjoy the storyline.
I am enjoying the quips and the wordplay. The storyline makes no sense.
-
UNLESS ...
Phillipe's mother belongs to a religious cult and he's gotta pay a million dollars to join. That's the only way he's allowed to see his mother.
-
It is understood that Ray is allowed to not have used his vast fortune to send Philippe home years ago without a lot of authorial explanation.
Yes. Now all of you, shush.
-
Wow. As both a crabby old man and a bedsit guitarist I'm now worried about my children.
-
Also, does anybody have the slightest doubt that P. will be back at the house within a few weeks? After some quirky adventures, of course...
-
Also, does anybody have the slightest doubt that P. will be back at the house within a few weeks? After some quirky adventures, of course...
Just like Little Nephew
...
shit, wait.
-
Also, does anybody have the slightest doubt that P. will be back at the house within a few weeks?
Are you talking about when the next strip arrives?
-
I can ignore little not-stupid things.
Ignoring big and stupid things just to move a story is more effort. I should not be having to do Nadia Comanechi level mental-gymnastics to make the basic core of the character motivations not-stupid.
And before you say "stop taking your fake cats so seriously" consider: the tight interplay of the characters off of each other and their situations is the motive force for Achewood not the funny pictures or the (not)outlandish placement. Doing shit that requires one of those "no Authorial explanation necessary" covers both highlights the poorly riveted seams of the good vessel Achewood but it's also fuck*ng lazy.
I mean, "Here's your free shit, I turned the stuff that sucks about it into a joke you can feel all special-secret-squirrel about when you have a snigger with it."
Lazy, poor effort, glad I didn't pay for it.
Whhhaaaaaammbulance. S.T.Y.F.C.S.S.
Also, I know that's an alarm clock being tossed into the suitcase, but I really want it to be a Holga. P. would totally rock a Holga.
-
Are you talking about when the next strip arrives?
No, no, the next few weeks in Ache-time. So we should be seeing it around 2012 (apocalypse notwithstanding).
-
I'm still not sure what to make of this arc, but at least now it's heading somewhere more adventurous than the Sharper Image stuff. Whenever Onstad's having a dry spell I always wind up secretly waiting for some amazing ChatSack-style turnaround, but after that Lash of Thanatos business last year I have higher hopes than usual this time.
Also, it's good to see "flut" make another appearance. It's been far too long.
-
What Ash said. Also, since when has Philippe been longing to go home? Is this something I missed, or is this also part of the things that will not be provided via authorial explanation.
I had sort of assumed that with his need for toilet therapy and the disturbing behavior of his mother that he had been adopted/fostered by the others intentionally.
Regardless a possible Philippe story line is always a good thing for me.
-
What Ash said. Also, since when has Philippe been longing to go home? Is this something I missed, or is this also part of the things that will not be provided via authorial explanation.
I had sort of assumed that with his need for toilet therapy and the disturbing behavior of his mother that he had been adopted/fostered by the others intentionally.
Regardless a possible Philippe story line is always a good thing for me.
It's sort of alluded to in Achewood: Vol. 2.