The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Choop on March 31, 2010, 04:04:31 pm

Title: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: Choop on March 31, 2010, 04:04:31 pm
from jough's twitspace (and auggie over here (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4819.msg151971.html#msg151971)), 8-bit dark side of the moon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euLdKW_Db1k&feature=PlayList&p=7E74E32198876508&index=0&playnext=1)

i'm going with wish you were here
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: pmcd9 on March 31, 2010, 04:12:16 pm
Money!
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: jaydub on March 31, 2010, 04:16:45 pm
Time.
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: AugustWest on March 31, 2010, 05:06:01 pm
Way too hard for this Floyd-head, but the first thing that jumps to mind is One of These Days.
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: wombat on March 31, 2010, 05:09:10 pm
The only good Pink Floyd song is one that is not being played where I can hear it.
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: AugustWest on March 31, 2010, 05:11:44 pm
The only good Pink Floyd song is one that is not being played where I can hear it.

Boo to that!
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 31, 2010, 06:16:12 pm
Green is the Colour
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: dejavroom on March 31, 2010, 06:17:35 pm
wots... uh the deal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rr83J1k1ik), but just because I forget a ton of others (those 8bit versions are genius)
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: theinevitable on March 31, 2010, 06:39:28 pm
I am pretty not into Floyd, but I remember the solo on Comfortably Numb making me gasp and feel like I was going to cry the first time I listened to The Wall all the way through.
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 31, 2010, 07:37:05 pm
I am pretty not into Floyd, but I remember the solo on Comfortably Numb making me gasp and feel like I was going to cry the first time I listened to The Wall all the way through.

You need to listen to the Floyd they don't always play on the classic rock radio:

Piper at the Gates of Dawn
A Saucerful of Secrets
More
Atom Heart Mother
Meddle
Obscured By Clouds
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: dejavroom on March 31, 2010, 07:38:05 pm
yep. they got some pretty pop tunes, short stuff, rather simple songs, from way back.
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 31, 2010, 08:35:34 pm
"Run Like Hell"
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 31, 2010, 10:28:30 pm
You know what?

"The Show Must Go On."
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: Drygioni on April 01, 2010, 01:55:10 am
Is this the band that covered Comfortably Numb by the Scissor Sisters? God they sucked the fun out of that one.
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: KeithHernandez on April 01, 2010, 07:50:36 am
Interstellar Overdrive
Title: Re: FINE! what's the best floyd song you got
Post by: robot_god on April 01, 2010, 09:25:42 am
Shine On You Crazy Diamond, more specifically parts VI-IX if I had to pick.