The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: Choop on March 31, 2010, 05:39:46 pm

Title: Space Avalanche
Post by: Choop on March 31, 2010, 05:39:46 pm
the first one (http://www.spaceavalanche.com/2009/02/02/irish-sea/)

not bad, reminiscent of PBF and SMBC. i got a couple chuckles from the archive. updates mondays.
Title: Re: Space Avalanche
Post by: pmcd9 on March 31, 2010, 11:27:44 pm
There were several of them that I didn't get.
Title: Re: Space Avalanche
Post by: wombat on April 01, 2010, 12:43:14 am
Yeah. Some are brilliant and some I totally don't have a clue.
Title: Re: Space Avalanche
Post by: pmcd9 on April 01, 2010, 06:27:43 am
This one (http://www.spaceavalanche.com/2009/08/31/ninja-parenting/) is pretty funny to me.

But yeah, what does this one (http://www.spaceavalanche.com/2009/10/27/halloween-in-the-west-of-ireland) mean?
Title: Re: Space Avalanche
Post by: Doc on April 01, 2010, 06:52:56 am
But yeah, what does this one (http://www.spaceavalanche.com/2009/10/27/halloween-in-the-west-of-ireland) mean?

I think the joke there is that the kids ran back to their home to hide from the guy they TP'd but west ireland is so sparsely populated that their home is the only building nearby and thus their attempt at hiding is meaningless. Or at least unlikely to be successful.
Title: Re: Space Avalanche
Post by: wombat on April 01, 2010, 12:48:18 pm
This one (http://www.spaceavalanche.com/2009/08/31/ninja-parenting/) is pretty funny to me.


I don't get that one. There are a bunch that I obviously don't get because I don't know enough about ninjas or Batman or even Star Trek.

But some of the ones with animals in them are hysterical.
http://www.spaceavalanche.com/2009/07/27/hunting/ (http://www.spaceavalanche.com/2009/07/27/hunting/)
http://www.spaceavalanche.com/2009/03/23/monkeys/ (http://www.spaceavalanche.com/2009/03/23/monkeys/)

There's also a good one with a giraffe but the damn filter keeps breaking the link.
Title: Re: Space Avalanche
Post by: pmcd9 on April 01, 2010, 04:18:24 pm
I don't get that one. There are a bunch that I obviously don't get because I don't know enough about ninjas or Batman or even Star Trek.

The joke is that the Ninja threw his star knife or whatever those things are called and missed the intended target, instead hitting the guard.  They were all "Oh shit."  But then the guard fell over and his sword thing cleaved the other dude's head open and they were all "phew" because obviously he was their intended target.
Title: Re: Space Avalanche
Post by: Doc on April 02, 2010, 02:12:47 am
Topical (http://www.spaceavalanche.com/2009/10/12/show-business/)
Or at least, holiday themed.