The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: AugustWest on December 11, 2003, 08:55:48 pm
-
Generally I share the Achewood community's contempt for Jared Fogle. However, in one of the latest round of Subway commercials, Jared is downright funny.
It's the one where the paratrooper is talking about how he pulls the rip cord and nothing happens. So, he tries the back-up chute and nothing happens. So he thinks, "What would Jared do?"
Cut to Jared's bloodcurdling screams.
That goes a long way toward redeeming 3 years worth of his personality-less presence on my TV screen.
-
Oh my god?! Jared is funny to you? Those comercials made me hate him even more. For Shame AugWest!! FOR SHAME!!
-
I've never seen that commercial, but your description made me laugh heartily. I suppose the real thing would have to hinge on how well Jared can scream.
Personally, I find Jared inspiring. Without his example, I would never have had the courage to walk around in front of restaurants holding up pantaloons that were five sizes too big. Now I do it all the time.
Edit what the heck is the problem with the plural of pant in the filters?
-
He screams, for lack of a better and more PC term,
Like a "little bitch".
And that is why it is funny! I support August in his liking of this commercial, I felt the same way the first time I saw it.
Whatever happened to his g/f or wife or whatever and that big-ass house they bought on the lucrative "waving around of giant pantalones" economic freedom plan?
-
His wife left him after the whole "his neighbor's wife is pregnant and everyone knows it is Jared's fault" incident.
Anyway, the mental image of Jared screaming like a little bitch -- particularly where parachutes are involved -- made me laugh pretty heartily. It almost makes me want to watch TV, you know?
-
The problem is that it's part of a series. They others are more like "I found and old copy of tomorrows big test, should I like at it? What would Jared do?"
And he looks thoughtful and replies, "get a cold cut trio on wheat."
Sad. Quite sad.
-
They others are more like "I found and old copy of tomorrows big test, should I like at it? What would Jared do?"
COPY ALL THE ANSWERS INTO A GIGANTIC fuck*ng PAIR OF PÄNTS THAT YOU TAKE WITH YOU EVERYWHERE FOR SOME OBSCENE REASON OR ANOTHER
EDIT: ANARCHY UMLAUT DEFEATS COPY PROTECTION SCHEME