The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: linear on April 05, 2010, 05:46:14 pm
-
Only half of Missouri hospitals counsel rape victims about emergency contraception (aka the "morning-after" pill) or have it on-hand, according to a survey by NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri.
http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/the-platform/published-editorials/2010/04/emergency-contraceptives-should-be-available-to-all-rape-victims/
-
See this is a tricky one, don't know what the laws are like over there but basically ethically healthcare workers should work to facilitate the patient's choices not try to make decisions for them, but at the same time they can't be required to do something they find morally wrong.
For myself, I think you should do what the patient wants in basically any situation, they are the ones that have to live with it.
-
rape victims
There should be no argument here. If your beliefs are against supplying emergency contraception to victims of sexual assault, you have no business being in the medical field.
-
also, people do not understand what emergency contraception does.
-
There should be no argument here. If your beliefs are against supplying emergency contraception to victims of sexual assault, you have no business being in the medical field.
This.
-
This.
I don't understand the meaning of this one word statement. But then again I'm slow.
-
It's a wordier version of QFT.
-
oh... I see now. I get it. Huh. Ok, carry on.