The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on April 06, 2010, 12:35:08 pm

Title: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: wombat on April 06, 2010, 12:35:08 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04062010 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04062010)

This is ominous enough, I think I will skip the advertised "Gruesome new Nice Pete piece in the Fanflow."
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: dejavroom on April 06, 2010, 12:43:03 pm
Steve is refrshingly well-drawn, after a string of supporting characters that looked like they were vomited by Onstad's hand.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: Doc on April 06, 2010, 12:45:26 pm
So is this part of the Steve Deneuve service? That he knows things to reassure you constantly? Or is he Phillipe's father? and if he is what happens when he meets Phillipe's mom, who presumably kicked him out for some reason?
Ooooooh shiiiiiit.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: dejavroom on April 06, 2010, 12:47:33 pm
Steve's Onstad; we're Phillipe; home is old achewood. Think about it.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: wombat on April 06, 2010, 12:52:38 pm
So is this part of the Steve Deneuve service? That he knows things to reassure you constantly?

See, I don't find this reassuring. I find it ominous. There is no good reason for him to be saying this stuff. Especially in this odd calm tone I am hearing him saying it it in.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 06, 2010, 12:58:16 pm
Steve's Onstad; we're Phillipe; home is old achewood. Think about it.


Onstad is going to burn our home down and replace it with subscription-based model?
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: Doc on April 06, 2010, 01:12:16 pm
See, I don't find this reassuring. I find it ominous. There is no good reason for him to be saying this stuff. Especially in this odd calm tone I am hearing him saying it it in.

Well we wouldn't but that's because we're bad people. Phillipe is 5 and innocent and Steve is a Good Man who would only tell you these things because he feels it impolite to speak about himself.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: greenkoolayd on April 06, 2010, 02:19:41 pm
So is this part of the Steve Deneuve service? That he knows things to reassure you constantly? Or is he Phillipe's father? and if he is what happens when he meets Phillipe's mom, who presumably kicked him out for some reason?
Ooooooh shiiiiiit.

that was my first thought.  stay out of my brain.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: TedStriker on April 06, 2010, 02:33:25 pm
I haven't been filled with simultaneous dread and hope like this since the first time I kissed my now-wife.  I love when Onstad sets a scene at night.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: CortJstr on April 06, 2010, 03:34:53 pm
Philippe arrives home to the plates with the hot pork chops on 'em. Except the apple sauce is touching the pork chops. Philippe runs screaming into the night and is rescued by Ray in Airwolf and brought back home. Fin.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: Dangermoose on April 06, 2010, 04:07:58 pm
Philippe's dad is a cat?  No wonder he left.  Cats and otters are pretty incompatible vis a vis water.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: greenkoolayd on April 06, 2010, 04:23:04 pm
Cats and otters are pretty incompatible vis a vis water.

not necesarily (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuIOZ6jjgKc)
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 06, 2010, 04:48:25 pm

Onstad is going to burn our home down and replace it with subscription-based model?
I call it gentrification.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: AugustWest on April 06, 2010, 06:39:30 pm
Steve's hair looks like a dead bird.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: Chump Change on April 06, 2010, 08:10:38 pm
And now I can't stop seeing it.

"Independent Animal Transport Specialist" indeed.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: Lister on April 07, 2010, 04:19:03 am
Why is Phillip Seymour Hoffman driving Philippe home?
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: pmcd9 on April 07, 2010, 04:44:42 am
Okay, this is interesting again.  I still don't know what the hell is going on, but whatever service Steve Deneuve is selling can't be cheap.

I'm thinking Philippe's father committed suicide?  Is this why Philippe had to be taken away, because Philippe's mom hasn't been the same since her husband's death.
Title: Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
Post by: Chump Change on April 07, 2010, 05:20:05 am
We will never see Philippe again.