The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: JorgeFabregas on April 09, 2010, 05:07:47 pm

Title: Charley & Humphrey - inspiration for Ray's look?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on April 09, 2010, 05:07:47 pm
I read about the  Bay-Area puppet mainstays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCgj6YpaFmA&feature=channel
Humprhey, the dog, looks like a 70's-version of Ray to me.
Title: Re: Charley & Humphrey - inspiration for Ray's look?
Post by: Doc on April 10, 2010, 12:59:42 am
From the stills I didn't agree but then I saw it in motion and
Oooooooh Shiiiiiiit
Title: Re: Charley & Humphrey - inspiration for Ray's look?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 10, 2010, 12:49:12 pm
with a little bit of this guy thrown in for flavor

(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/ray-as-human.jpg)
Title: Re: Charley & Humphrey - inspiration for Ray's look?
Post by: jaydub on April 10, 2010, 09:39:58 pm
Dang, I remember those guys from back in the day.  Didn't realize they were a Bay Area thing exclusively at the time, but what kid doesn't think his experience is the same as everyone else's.
Title: Re: Charley & Humphrey - inspiration for Ray's look?
Post by: Dullscythe on April 19, 2010, 06:35:27 am
This is a memory that had vanished from my mind completely. Thank you for refreshing it. The nostalgia is delicious.
Title: Re: Charley & Humphrey - inspiration for Ray's look?
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 19, 2010, 06:42:02 am
That's... terrifying.

What children's puppets should be talking about drawing blood?