The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: pmcd9 on April 09, 2010, 07:22:22 pm

Title: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: pmcd9 on April 09, 2010, 07:22:22 pm
I don't care how many whores he's fucked, I really just don't give a shit, but his redemption act (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rs7KpA9vlo) disgust me.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: AugustWest on April 09, 2010, 07:27:58 pm
Man I don't give a shit about celebrities personal lives.

I admire Tiger Woods for being a good golfer -- that's all.  I don't know or care much about the rest of his life.  In a way I like him better after this scandal because it's proved that he's not a soulless, golf-playing, nike/gatorade/buick/gillette shilling ***** and is subject to human frailities like the rest of us.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: pmcd9 on April 09, 2010, 08:18:26 pm
I suppose I'm more disgusted with Nike than I am with Woods.  They have turned the failings of his personal life into a marketing campaign and it's just beyond the pale.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: Choop on April 09, 2010, 08:28:23 pm
surprise, paul, they're a giant corporation

they would kill babies on live teevee if they thought there was a dollar's profit in it
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: JorgeFabregas on April 09, 2010, 08:31:45 pm
I think they just weren't sure how to break the ice. They were going to begin marketing him again at some point.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 09, 2010, 09:25:49 pm
It sure as hell got everyone talking about Nike.  But while everyone likes to say there's nothing bad about free publicity, I just don't get how this will translate into selling more shoes.  Brand awareness, whatever, but I don't see anyone who wasn't fully aware of Nike already now being more motivated to buy their products.

Deadspin had a wonderful time thinking up lines to heckle Woods at the Masters.  "Try not to fuck anyone on your way to the green!"  (Of course, actually doing so would likely result in one's being expelled from the course.)
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: AugustWest on April 09, 2010, 09:30:23 pm
"Try not to fuck anyone on your way to the green!" 

In a row?
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2010, 10:14:09 pm
Deadspin had a wonderful time thinking up lines to heckle Woods at the Masters.  "Try not to fuck anyone on your way to the green!"  (Of course, actually doing so would likely result in one's being expelled from the course.)

I fail to see the threat.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: miles on April 10, 2010, 01:42:54 am
surprise, paul, they're a giant corporation

they would kill babies on live teevee if they thought there was a dollar's profit in it

Oh come on, there would be lots of money in that, and it hasn't been done. Yet.

I suppose I'm more disgusted with Nike than I am with Woods.  They have turned the failings of his personal life into a marketing campaign and it's just beyond the pale.

I guess I don't get this. Woods didn't sign to Nike with a gun to his head. Wouldn't he have some say in the campaign?

In a way I like him better after this scandal because it's proved that he's not a soulless, golf-playing, nike/gatorade/buick/gillette shilling ***** and is subject to human frailities like the rest of us.

Yeah and also he can get mad pussy.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 10, 2010, 03:37:14 am
My comment would be something along the lines of "getting in eighteen holes".

ALSO: the parodies of his creepy ad with his dad's voice, some of them are meme-worthy.

The Shawshank Redemption one and The Room one, especially.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: greenkoolayd on April 10, 2010, 11:50:24 pm
Yeah and also he can get mad pussy.

having a lot of money is like instant miracle grow for the vein, i guess.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: wombat on April 11, 2010, 01:57:46 am
I don't care about a guy who is good at hitting a ball with a stick. I understand that it can be enjoyable to hit a ball with a stick, but I don't see the point of watching someone else do it, so I don't care that he is good at it. And I care even less where a guy who is good at hitting a ball with a stick puts his c*ck.

I try very hard not to feel that it's a sign of the downfall of our civilization that this is big news. Because really, there are plenty of more important reasons to worry about the downfall of our civilization.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: pmcd9 on April 11, 2010, 04:32:10 am
something about a moral compass.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: linear on April 11, 2010, 08:10:54 am
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt

That's the result of having a borg soul.  No individual has control over the collective.  The right idea can spread through the collective unchecked no differently than a super virus in a biological or computer system.  Lately it was the Tiger infidelity meme.  Soon it will be another meme.  The only way for an individual to stop experiencing it is to unplug.  It's not easy to do.  If there is a TV or radio in your workplace you might even have to quit your job.  But you've probably been wanting to do that anyway.  Alternatively you can try to start your own meme by going postal.  But that's getting harder and harder to do these days.  Some guy even flew a plane into an IRS building and everyone was like *ho hum.* 

This touamb board may not be running on the most sophisticated software platform on the planet.  That's probably what you all like about it.  The god forsaken hash tag tiger meme tweets face book updates stop at the door.  They don't get in unless someone manually brings them in.  Once inside, they don't automatically replicate like so many tribbles.  Still, all members of touamb do have so many connections to the collective, so in a way, even when you're here, it's sort of like you're still connected, only slightly less directly.  TOUAMB has not been approved by the collective.  It's like the train station in the Matrix.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: pmcd9 on April 11, 2010, 04:25:56 pm
Wow, groovy, that read like a beat poem, man.  Did I just walk into City Lights or something?
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: smick on April 12, 2010, 10:22:26 pm
I watched the entire Masters.

4 days, around 20 hours of golf.

Sensational bullshit got in the way of a lot of really good golf.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: AugustWest on April 13, 2010, 12:33:24 am
Couples showing he can still play a bit and Mickelson slowly living up to all those years of promise.

Hells yes.  It was good to hear Boom-Boom's name again, and you gotta like Lefty, moobs and all.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: smick on April 13, 2010, 02:21:52 pm
I really enjoyed Choi as well.   Guy had some steely silent determination.

It was killing me how every time Tiger tee'd there were a ton of shutter clicks.   When Choi tee'd...only silence.  I kinda fancied Choi winning the whole thing and no one having a decent picture of the guy.

TIGER WOODS RETURNS TO GOLF!
Also, some guy not Tiger won the whole thing (Not pictured)
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: AugustWest on April 13, 2010, 08:18:04 pm
Dude, you're full of shit.


Roethlisburger ain't a good QB.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: robot_god on April 13, 2010, 10:55:14 pm
I liked [to play] golf when I was a [little] kid and bought a Fred Couples plaque.  He was an old man even back then, gad damn.

And yeah, Rothelisburger is the worst, now that all the players that made the team win are gone the Steelers are going to be like 4-win status.  Down the stretch last season the Steelers almost became one of the bottom tier teams with several embarassing losses.
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 13, 2010, 11:11:57 pm
Also, some guy not Tiger won the whole thing (Not pictured)
I had a dream last night that I was having a dinner date at a country club and phil mickelson kept hitting practice balls onto to the patio where we were eating. Eventually I rounded up all the balls and beamed them right at his head yelling "YOU [THROW] ARE [THROW] A [THROW] DICK! [THROW]"
Title: Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
Post by: KeithHernandez on April 14, 2010, 03:41:47 am
And yeah, Rothelisburger is the worst, now that all the players that made the team win are gone the Steelers are going to be like 4-win status.  Down the stretch last season the Steelers almost became one of the bottom tier teams with several embarassing losses.

Isn't what happened after 06 really close to what is happening to them after this (last) Super Bowl?  I don't remember, but I know they were out of the playoffs at least one year in 07 or 08.