The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: BankBank on April 21, 2010, 07:02:32 pm

Title: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: BankBank on April 21, 2010, 07:02:32 pm
uh, so, hi. longtime lurker. as i am a big fan of onstad and consider my humor to be similar, i figured maybe someone here would appreciate my cartoons (very few people do =[ )

here's the best musical one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAWGqNG6rUk
and here's a non-musical one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD9Ii4AoBFo

well, waddya think?
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: greenkoolayd on April 21, 2010, 07:05:44 pm
dude..... that is friggin weird.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: Mr Trout on April 21, 2010, 07:26:00 pm
I see you found the Mesh Warp effect.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: BankBank on April 21, 2010, 07:49:00 pm
I see you found the Mesh Warp effect.

never heard of it. i use sony vegas, probably called something different amongst programs.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: pmcd9 on April 21, 2010, 08:11:13 pm
Does this belong in the other comics fora?  I don't know because it's a video.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: BankBank on April 21, 2010, 08:32:00 pm
Does this belong in the other comics fora?  I don't know because it's a video.

yeah, i was considering that too.

what'd you think about 'em?
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: pmcd9 on April 21, 2010, 08:45:21 pm
I think it looks pretty amateurish, but there is some promise.  Keep plugging away.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: jay-ell on April 21, 2010, 11:26:33 pm
Didn't we tear Death_Ray a new asshole for promoting hisself on the board without sufficient cred?

I didn't find it particularly amusing, but then...I'm kind of a dull person, so. WTFDIK?

It wasn't bad enough to be offensive, which is something.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: Choop on April 22, 2010, 12:12:24 am
death ray came all up ons like "yo check this shit out it's so dope everybody loves it" and set the bar just at swingin' height

bankbank here at least knows to set low expectations. +1 for that.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: wombat on April 22, 2010, 12:15:59 am
I don't think videos belong in the cartoon forum.

And yeah, it's kind of tacky to promote your own stuff in your first post, but I think we can agree that it's far from the worst behavior we've seen from new posters lately.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 22, 2010, 03:00:14 am
Well, to be fair, weren't a few of us aware of Deathray's work before he come on here?

I was. I thought a few others were too, maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: jaydub on April 22, 2010, 08:54:37 pm
Well, to be fair, weren't a few of us aware of Deathray's work before he come on here?

I was. I thought a few others were too, maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.
I was as well.  Still following it as well, although he's loafing in a hotel lobby somewhere this week instead of updating.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: BankBank on April 22, 2010, 09:36:39 pm
show me the works of this 'deathray'
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 22, 2010, 09:40:58 pm
/helpful

http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/ (http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/)

Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: dejavroom on April 22, 2010, 10:29:10 pm
Well, I don't hate it. Animation-wise is... looks like it could be... the beginning of something in the yet too distant? But I like the abruptness of the ending. Maybe Jambalaya is an inherently funny word. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherently_funny_word)
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: BankBank on April 24, 2010, 03:13:15 pm
this is my new one, a collaboration with GHXYK2. it's called "BEHAVERS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWHHDpdFj5Y

not musical. THOTTS?
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: Choop on April 24, 2010, 06:03:57 pm
i had a really good laugh at the tomato but then the gun came out and i went ._.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: pmcd9 on April 25, 2010, 08:03:45 am
It was an interestiing thought, but it went lame at the end.
Title: Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 25, 2010, 07:18:31 pm
Yeah, it all just feels... tossed off.

There's a laugh here or there in your stuff, mostly on just interesting line readings but...

If you actually want people to pay attention, you're gonna have to put in a lot more effort.

My suggestrion would be to watch some FAMILY GUY and then do the exact opposite of that.