The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Chump Change on April 23, 2010, 05:03:11 am

Title: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Chump Change on April 23, 2010, 05:03:11 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04222010 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04222010)

So hey uh thanks anyway Onstad but I think I already got what this story was about
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: lprkn on April 23, 2010, 05:09:24 am
I need to smoke an entire pack of dark French cigarettes now. The impermeable cloud I form around myself will keep death at bay, for a little while.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 23, 2010, 05:12:49 am
I... I am serious. Why has this strip been about my life for, like, weeks?

Does this reinforce the idea that one of us/all of us are going to actually turn out to be Onstad?

Or is this more about The Universe communicating with me through peripheral entertainments like classic rock radio play-patterns, Joan of Arcadia-style?
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Dangermoose on April 23, 2010, 05:42:59 am
That ees abouta the mosta Mexican- anda/ora Italian-ascanning comica-stripa Frencha accent I havea reada eeen at leasta two days.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Chump Change on April 23, 2010, 07:04:54 am
Home, eet ees a spicy meataball, oui?
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 23, 2010, 07:09:27 am
He DOES read like Gambit trying to take a big shit.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Doc on April 23, 2010, 07:52:02 am
House-o en mexico?

Tomorrow: Phillipe is at home, no one mentions anything, Onstad starts a new arc he has no idea how he's going to finish.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: dejavroom on April 23, 2010, 12:14:52 pm
"La Grande Illusion", one of my favorite movies =~
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: wombat on April 23, 2010, 12:21:22 pm
Tomorrow: Phillipe is at home, no one mentions anything, Onstad starts a new arc he has no idea how he's going to finish.

That's what I call going home again.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: wombat on April 23, 2010, 12:24:45 pm
By the way, is it some kind of national depressed comics holiday and no one told me?

Is it possible to get so sad that you die? (http://www.wigucomics.com/fun/index.php?comic=53)
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 23, 2010, 02:30:22 pm
fuck all you haters

today's comic is amazing

i am not being sarcastic

it is very well written


Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 23, 2010, 02:54:06 pm
I am more intrigued at the appearance of Philippe's dad.  How did he and Mom meet, exactly?
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: jay-ell on April 23, 2010, 02:57:21 pm
I thought that was his grandpa.

Either way, it seemed pretty clear to me that he was a ghost.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 23, 2010, 03:37:54 pm
No no, Bobby, I'm not saying I disliked it.

I liked it a lot, it just hit too close to home.

And, also, Ghost Grandpa DID talk like he was about to go try and make out with Rogue, only for her to awkwardly remind him that her powers even work on ghosts and they are doomed to an angsty angsty love.

"Mais, chere, je suis un phantome..." or whatever.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: TedStriker on April 23, 2010, 04:21:27 pm
Okay, reading this strip while streaming the new National album at the NYT is going to put me in a day long funk.  I need a cigarette.  I never need a cigarette.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: AugustWest on April 23, 2010, 05:04:30 pm
Now Philippe has to make his way back to Achewood. 

Hilarity ensues?
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: pmcd9 on April 23, 2010, 05:56:48 pm
So where was this place where Philippe was?  Heaven? 
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Choop on April 23, 2010, 05:58:22 pm
The opposite. Cleveland.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: pmcd9 on April 23, 2010, 06:00:54 pm
The opposite. Cleveland.

Did I ever tell my stairway to Cleveland story?
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Choop on April 23, 2010, 06:13:09 pm
maybe! i don't remember it in any case, so bust that puppy out
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Chump Change on April 23, 2010, 08:53:51 pm
'bust that puppy out' is something more people need to say
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 23, 2010, 09:42:39 pm
Cleveland yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM)
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: pmcd9 on April 23, 2010, 10:52:49 pm
Well my Stairway to Cleveland story has nothing to do with Cleveland, really, but I do have a Cleveland story as well.  Don't have time to tell stories now, but I will when I return, possibly later tonight.

if I forget, remind me.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Choop on April 24, 2010, 08:22:51 am
hey paul remember when you promised those stories about cleveland yeah
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: pmcd9 on April 24, 2010, 01:48:41 pm
Still busy, I'll tell the Cleveland story now and get back with the Stairway to Cleveland story.

My only experience with Cleveland is passing through there once about 20 years ago.  I recall stopping at the old ball park.  This was when the team was the Browns before they left town, big division rivals of the Houston Oilers.  So I stopped at the old ball park on my way through town and pissed on it.  I was surprised that you could just walk right up to the stadium, no parking lot with a security fence.  Take that Browns.

Shortly thereafter I was back on the freeway headed out of town.  I happened to look to the left and saw a dude in the next lane nonchalantly jacking off while he drove.

Gotta love that Cleveland.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 24, 2010, 02:35:56 pm
So where was this place where Philippe was?  Heaven? 

Montreal.
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Drygioni on April 25, 2010, 12:22:21 am
Phillipe's father is a cheap rip-off of Eric Cantona from Looking For Eric
Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: Turbo Ninja on April 26, 2010, 02:12:34 pm
Still busy, I'll tell the Cleveland story now and get back with the Stairway to Cleveland story.

My only experience with Cleveland is passing through there once about 20 years ago.  I recall stopping at the old ball park.  This was when the team was the Browns before they left town, big division rivals of the Houston Oilers.  So I stopped at the old ball park on my way through town and pissed on it.  I was surprised that you could just walk right up to the stadium, no parking lot with a security fence.  Take that Browns.


So that was YOU!?!  I'll have you know, Paul, that "Some guy pissed on it" was the official reason given for knocking down that old stadium and building the new one.  That's a stink you can't get out.

Title: Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
Post by: pmcd9 on April 26, 2010, 04:18:48 pm
I also said a curse which must have worked because the Oilers beat the Browns both games two years running. 

The road trip that took me through Cleveland also took me through Buffalo.  I did the same thing at Rich Stadium.  I was again amazed that you could walk right up to the stadium.  There in Buffalo when you are standing at the turnstile pissing you can actually see into the stadium and catch a glimpse of the field and scoreboard.

The curse worked on Buffalo too for two full seasons.  We didn't play Buffalo the next season actually, but the following season beat the hell out of them to end the regular year.  The curse worked into the playoffs too, but ran out at halftime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_%28American_football%29).