The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Drygioni on April 23, 2010, 11:31:01 pm

Title: Can the human mind imagine...
Post by: Drygioni on April 23, 2010, 11:31:01 pm
a better set of sports theme tunes than the ones for the BBC?

To start off with a lovely bit of bluesy guitar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GkgoeKHsXI&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GkgoeKHsXI&feature=related) SNOOKER

Then the beautiful funky summery tones of the cricket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67xXbTaQlKI&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67xXbTaQlKI&feature=related) CRICKET

Don't know how to describe this. Violins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc3Zafy5rPM&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc3Zafy5rPM&feature=related) SKIIING

Kind of an '80s electro thing to start then turns into some sort of RPG main map music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-bd5j18N0s&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-bd5j18N0s&feature=related) GOLF

TENNIS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwKV__zHtPY&feature=fvw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwKV__zHtPY&feature=fvw) TENNIS - WIMBLEDON

Football. Just beautiful. The sign that Saturday night is starting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVH1MvVsWTQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVH1MvVsWTQ) FOOTBALL

And my personal favourite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLHMxFGqhIs&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLHMxFGqhIs&feature=related) GRANDSTAND

Enjoy.
Title: Re: Can the human mind imagine...
Post by: Drygioni on April 23, 2010, 11:47:12 pm
In retrospect this was a terrible idea.
Title: Re: Can the human mind imagine...
Post by: Choop on April 24, 2010, 08:27:17 am
fine then i won't listen to themNO! I REFUSE!
Title: Re: Can the human mind imagine...
Post by: Doc on April 24, 2010, 09:21:44 am
I enjoyed it, it also gives me an opportunity to link two of my favourite Bill Bailey bits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m32IEP5iik (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m32IEP5iik)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTy-kyFZQ-g (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTy-kyFZQ-g)
Title: Re: Can the human mind imagine...
Post by: robot_god on May 14, 2010, 08:42:42 am
That's the Wimbledon theme?  That is way off.  Wimbledon makes me think of the Star Wars Imperial March, and ain't never think of Star Wars.

Anyway this thread need's John Tesh's ubiquitous NBA on NBC theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AQ3IAriL0k
Title: Re: Can the human mind imagine...
Post by: jaydub on May 14, 2010, 03:01:52 pm
Football. Just beautiful. The sign that Saturday night is starting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVH1MvVsWTQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVH1MvVsWTQ) FOOTBALL
That made me think of bullfights for some reason.  I've been to two in Mexico and three in Spain, fwiw.
Title: Re: Can the human mind imagine...
Post by: Ruta Bagas on May 28, 2010, 07:47:54 pm
In retrospect this was a terrible idea.

NO.

THIS IS THE BEST THREAD AND I WILL CAN YOU AS MANY TIMES AS I CAN MUSTER FOR IT.
Title: Re: Can the human mind imagine...
Post by: Drygioni on May 29, 2010, 03:39:17 am
NO.

THIS IS THE BEST THREAD AND I WILL CAN YOU AS MANY TIMES AS I CAN MUSTER FOR IT.

Good lad.