The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Anonymous on August 03, 2003, 10:50:44 pm

Title: Lileks Down?
Post by: Anonymous on August 03, 2003, 10:50:44 pm
Could anyone else not get to the site today?  It was vastly distressing for me and I hope I am not the only one.......
Title: Lileks Down?
Post by: Sporkadelic on August 03, 2003, 11:05:34 pm
I'm getting a login page for the site control panel.  I guess if the site's not up in the morning, the blogosphere will be abuzz with concern.
Title: Lileks Down?
Post by: andalucia on August 03, 2003, 11:52:52 pm
Good, I was hoping it wasnt just me... this whole forum will take getting used to-- I felt like my soul had been ripped away when I realized that I'd forgotten to log in and had posted as some sort of terrible faceless 'Guest'
Title: Lileks Down?
Post by: jough on August 04, 2003, 12:04:28 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
Good, I was hoping it wasnt just me... this whole forum will take getting used to-- I felt like my soul had been ripped away when I realized that I'd forgotten to log in and had posted as some sort of terrible faceless 'Guest'


Oops.  Sorry about that.  I'd forgotten to set permissions on the forums that JLD created.  It should be fixed now.

No Lileks here, either.  It looks like he's moved to a new server and didn't set things up there before switching the IP.  Tsk tsk.

"This site is currently under maintenance due to a catastrophic failure."

How dramatic!
Title: Lileks Down?
Post by: CortJstr on August 04, 2003, 12:46:26 pm
There's an update now. It says the server crashed and took the whole site with it. He's restoring from back-ups.

If he has any sense he'll start with the Institute first then the Bleat.
Title: Lileks Down?
Post by: jay-ell on August 05, 2003, 05:24:48 pm
The bleat returns Thursday morning.  And the rest of the site, I presume.
Title: Lileks Down?
Post by: jay-ell on August 07, 2003, 03:28:39 am
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's back!  

No bleat, yet.  But the rest of the site looks fine.
Title: Lileks Down?
Post by: CortJstr on August 07, 2003, 01:49:06 pm
Gentlemen, we have Bleat!

And the picture's pretty cool.