The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on May 04, 2010, 12:31:15 pm

Title: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on May 04, 2010, 12:31:15 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05042010

One of those that develops the plot without actually being funny, I'd say.
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: wombat on May 04, 2010, 01:11:18 pm
If we have only ourselves to blame, we are much less likely to go around pointing fingers.

He's not only in the business of Funny, he is also in the business of Philosophy.
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: CortJstr on May 04, 2010, 01:15:42 pm
If we have only ourselves to blame, we are much less likely to go around pointing fingers.

He's not only in the business of Funny, he is also in the business of Philosophy.

Just because I can't complain doesn't mean I won't.
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: AugustWest on May 04, 2010, 01:20:04 pm
sigh.
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: theinevitable on May 04, 2010, 07:36:24 pm
this, and the last strip, seem weird to me. I am not used to achewood spelling itself out to me this clearly.

"well, it seems that phillipe is standing on the instruction manual, because he is an otter/5/retarded, and so I cannot access the instruction manual."
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: AugustWest on May 04, 2010, 08:15:03 pm
this, and the last strip, seem weird to me. I am not used to achewood spelling itself out to me this clearly.

"well, it seems that phillipe is standing on the instruction manual, because he is an otter/5/retarded, and so I cannot access the instruction manual."

this
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: wombat on May 04, 2010, 08:24:40 pm
I guess this doesn't bother me because Cornelius is the character who would explain this in this kind of detail. "Philippe is standing on it" would not be a sufficient explanation of anything for him.
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: greenkoolayd on May 04, 2010, 09:32:58 pm
I wish to know more of these 'lawn games'.

lawn darts
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: AugustWest on May 05, 2010, 12:47:17 am
Cornhole.
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: Dangermoose on May 05, 2010, 04:00:16 am
I ♥ CORNHOLE.

Also, this -- "If we have only ourselves to blame, we are much less likely to go around pointing fingers" -- is manifestly untrue in my experience.  Would that it were so.
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: KeithHernandez on May 05, 2010, 04:18:32 am
Yeah, I was slowed by that line.  Seems like it should be the exact opposite.
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: Doc on May 05, 2010, 10:41:58 am
This is not the best birthday comic ever, but at least I got a birthday comic?
It does have Mr. Bear. I like Mr. Bear.
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: wombat on May 05, 2010, 02:11:36 pm
Also, this -- "If we have only ourselves to blame, we are much less likely to go around pointing fingers" -- is manifestly untrue in my experience.  Would that it were so.

Really? I find it's usually a good idea to go ahead and make a decision instead of leaving someone else, or fate, to choose. Then if it doesn't work out, it's much easier to learn a lesson and let go than it would have been if I had been able to waste a lot of mental energy blaming someone else for the outcome.

Perhaps this is a stage one only reaches at my and Mr Bear's advanced age.
Title: Re: 4th May 2010 - unpopular British lawn games
Post by: Dangermoose on May 05, 2010, 04:31:22 pm
We might be barking up different trees.  I'm thinking of people who project their self-blame at others for circumstances they put themselves in.  I know some people like that.

On another note, a popular British lawn game (and proto-GOF?):  http://www.slate.com/id/2252382/