The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on May 12, 2010, 06:54:09 am

Title: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 12, 2010, 06:54:09 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05112010 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05112010)

Hm.
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: lprkn on May 12, 2010, 07:16:10 am
I was deathly afraid of people looking at my junk in high school, too.

Nice Pete is sure in a rare mood.
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: Doc on May 12, 2010, 09:57:16 am
I'm not sure if it's the exhaustion or the thing where I'm just not a good person but this is the first one to make me laugh fully and out loud in a while.

Would read again, and have.
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: wombat on May 12, 2010, 11:24:13 am
Sometimes, just sometimes, I worry about Chris Onstad.
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: milhouse on May 12, 2010, 12:30:36 pm
What is Teodor's "Darin's" left hand doing in the last frame? Thumbs up? Flipping NP off? Dabbing at his brow?
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on May 12, 2010, 01:09:34 pm
What is Teodor's "Darin's" left hand doing in the last frame? Thumbs up? Flipping NP off? Dabbing at his brow?

Mangled,  I think.

I don't know why we're getting this storyline now, when we haven't even seen Philippe return home yet, but I don't care. This is hilarious.
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: greenkoolayd on May 12, 2010, 01:41:00 pm
I'm not sure if it's the exhaustion or the thing where I'm just not a good person but this is the first one to make me laugh fully and out loud in a while.

Would read again, and have.

same here.  im reading achewood in class and everyone doesnt understand what is so funny.  its sad that no one IRL that i know gets achewood.
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: side_show on May 12, 2010, 04:09:59 pm
Yeah, but T is normally fairly intellegent, so why even agree to this?  And don't blame it on sleeping - groggy don't cut it.

Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: AugustWest on May 12, 2010, 05:14:17 pm
I took it as "if you don't do what Nice Pete says, he'll kill you.  If you play along, at least you've got a shot."
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 12, 2010, 05:27:34 pm
If Nice Pete hung out with my crowd, I would buy a gun, and have it handy for the next time he showed up at my bedroom window at an ungodly hour.
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: Choop on May 12, 2010, 05:32:13 pm
"That's a nice gun, Carlos. It's interesting that you went with a Glock. Have you seen my Sig Sauer collection? Mom-mom disapproved, but these P229s make such good friends. Oh, it looks like I forgot to put the safety on. Don't forget your trigger discipline, now. We should go get some ice cream, I know a good place."
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: MagFlare on May 12, 2010, 05:34:48 pm
Sidenote...what does it says about T that he stood back there cowering with his dingus covered and took a wall bashing ass kicking instead of maybe getting into some kind of athletic position and trying to own the thing?

It says to me that T is a chump, a dial tone, an empty bottle smelling faintly of garlic.

Those are all very sad things to be.

Let's be fair, though -- Teodor was expressly forbidden to hold his arms out, and it's tough to imagine how he'd keep his balance without using his arms. Frankly, the most dignified thing he can do at this point is to take his wall-bashing ass-kicking without complaint and try to write off the whole event as a bad dream.

One of those bad dreams where you end up with missing teeth and a concussion.
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: jaydub on May 12, 2010, 08:01:18 pm
One of those bad dreams where you end up with missing teeth and a concussion.
My wife gets those.  The bad dream, I mean.  I get the missing teeth and concussion.

Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: MagFlare on May 13, 2010, 03:48:46 am
My wife gets those.  The bad dream, I mean.  I get the missing teeth and concussion.

You also get a sympathy can.
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: Death Ray on May 13, 2010, 03:28:43 pm
WHO GETS IN A VAN NAKED WITH NICE PETE?? WHO?!? WHO??!??
Title: Re: May 11th, 2010 - "a hilarious dare"
Post by: connorbd on May 17, 2010, 04:14:56 pm
WHO GETS IN A VAN NAKED WITH NICE PETE?? WHO?!? WHO??!??

Anyone who knows Nice Pete and is asked by him. It would be suicide not to. Literally. You might be mistaken for a rasmus cake.