The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: side_show on May 20, 2010, 06:28:16 pm

Title: Bitchin' Kitchen
Post by: side_show on May 20, 2010, 06:28:16 pm
In my visit to the Southern US, I got in some viewing of Food Network, which is required viewing for vacation time for me.  One thing I did note is that there are significant differences in content on Food Network Canada vs Food Network US.  There was a hell of a lot more Paula Dean (meh), Good Eats (yeah!) and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (w00t) on the US network, which is all good.

One major thing that is missing from the US Food Network that the Canadian version has, and one that should not be missed is  Bitchin' Kitchen  (http://bitchinlifestyle.tv/) which is basically like Pee Wee's Playhouse, only Pee Wee is instead replaced by a sexy, somewhat neurotic Italian Canadian Lady, and all the rest of the cast are replaced by vaguely sexy/gross stereotypically ethnic men.  I can say American viewers are missing out, but at least there are plenty of videos on the website though, so enjoy.
Title: Re: Bitchin' Kitchen
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on May 20, 2010, 09:06:47 pm
Thats one zany woman. I watched some clips on youtube and there was very little cooking and lots of handwaving and canadian humor. There was however this recipe I will use next week: Sliced kiwis, maple syrup, blend, fill with champagne.
Title: Re: Bitchin' Kitchen
Post by: lprkn on May 21, 2010, 01:33:21 am
I'm all for it, based purely on its name.
Title: Re: Bitchin' Kitchen
Post by: wombat on May 21, 2010, 01:48:50 am
We could never have a TV show with that name in this country, could we? Even on cable.
Title: Re: Bitchin' Kitchen
Post by: greenkoolayd on May 21, 2010, 04:02:30 am
We could never have a TV show with that name in this country, could we? Even on cable.

nope.  the quakers would throw a fit.
Title: Re: Bitchin' Kitchen
Post by: lprkn on May 21, 2010, 05:04:00 am
Sounds like God is a Superstition Kitchen is right out, then.
Title: Re: Bitchin' Kitchen
Post by: side_show on May 21, 2010, 01:59:03 pm
As is the Flying Spaghettie Monster Cooking Hour.

Yeah, the weird thing about Bitchin' Kitchen is that there is a language warning before each episode, based - I think - purely on the fact "Bitchin'" is said over and over.

Another thought - in Canada we get Kitchen Nightmares and other Gordon Ramsey shows uncensored, yet I've seen the same shows on American networks with the foul language bleeped out.  Let me tell you - it is not the same.
Title: Re: Bitchin' Kitchen
Post by: wombat on May 21, 2010, 06:05:09 pm
So that's what you kids mean by "Canadian content."
Title: Re: Bitchin' Kitchen
Post by: CortJstr on May 21, 2010, 06:30:25 pm
So that's what you kids mean by "Canadian content."

There's only so many episodes of The Red Green Show. They have to pad out the rest somehow.