The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: elfbabe on December 15, 2003, 11:34:31 am
-
Beef just looks so hurt by the idea that Philippe might hang up on him.
Maybe this is how they get the money for all those cars in Hell.
-
I absolutely adore the last panel of Philippe. Something about the expression on his face. It looks kind of like he's desperately trying, in that one moment, to right every wrong he's ever committed.
-
He's wondering if this is the universe's way of telling him to be more cultured and appreciate the finer things.
I wonder if Ray's playing piano on there anywhere
-
Ray plays Ravel's Bolero and C.W. McCall's Convoy on this album.
-
Now I feel bad for being so rude to telemarketers. Obviously they are actually loved ones calling me from Hell.
-
Now I feel bad for being so rude to telemarketers. Obviously they are actually loved ones calling me from Hell.
Not me. They're calling from HELL for a reason, after all.
-
Now I feel bad for being so rude to telemarketers. Obviously they are actually loved ones calling me from Hell.
I knew all along. That's why my telemarketer calls always sound like this:
"How are you, Mr. Dunston?"
"Uncle Bob, is that you?!"
"Ummm... I'm calling from Capital One, and we've noticed that you're not using our credit protection program."
"This connection isn't great, Uncle Bob, but I want you to know, me and dad are totally taking care of your carving tools. I mean we don't carve, but we're going to pass it on to our kids and stuff."
"Wha-- uhh. Yeah, so this credit protection program can... It can end up saving you thousands of dollars."
"Look I can't really make out what you're saying at all. But umm. Aunt Jane's fine. She's not dating anyone or anything. She's um.. I think she's still real hot for you."
"What?"
"Yeah. I'm ah, sure she'd be all over your corpse if it wan't for laws and stuff. And germs.
"Sir, please. That's disgusting."
"So yeah, I'm sorry you're in hell and all. I guess you shouldn't have killed all those people."
"Sir!"
"Okay so um. I'll talk to you later, Uncle Bob. Try to avoid the flesh hooks and all. Uncle Bob? Hello?"
There's no denying the existence of hell. The best you can do is try to get on the Do Not Call list.
-
So what does somebody calling from heaven sound like?
-
"Yeah. I'm ah, sure she'd be all over your corpse if it wan't for laws and stuff. And germs.
"Sir, please. That's disgusting."
There's no denying the existence of hell. The best you can do is try to get on the Do Not Call list.
Superb.
That makes me think of my friend, who, when we worked for National Rail Enquiries, would always answer questions as to why trains were delayed with some reference to "the wrong kind of bodies on the line". At one point when someone had thrown themselves under a train outside a station, someone asked him how long it would take... "Well, it depends how many bits they're in."
I'm amazed he has never been fired, but then we all did that...
And now I feel bad, we got do not call list a while back, so now all my friends and relatives in Hell must be getting lonely.
-
So what does somebody calling from heaven sound like?
They never call, they never write....
-
Was the bottom half added late, or was I just so tired this morning that I missed it?
-
WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE!
That sneaky Onstad. He never lets you relax for a second.
-
That sneaky Onstad, adding a second half to the strip while I wasn't looking!
I think what saddens me most about this strip is Philippe's utter flattened-ness. He's so... cold, even in his desire for piano music. Is our little Philippe growing up?
-
And for anyone who's ever had to suffer through their service, I'd like to add that it's wholly appropriate that Hell's telecom company is Pacific Bell.
-
have you ever talked to a telemarketer, and all that chatter in the background sometimes sounds like screams from damned souls? and you can faintly hear the rumble of a 1982 brat in the background, as it just barely starts, yet again? and you can detect a hint of anguish, mixed with love and fear and confusion in the voice of the telemarketer?
yeah, me too.
-
I think the second half of this strip was meant to be run the next day, but he realized the telemarketer joke wasn't strong enough for three days worth of strips, and he wanted to end the conversation right away. I mean, it was funny the first time and mildly amusing the second time. I think a third run at the same joke would have made Buddha cry.