The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on December 16, 2003, 01:02:17 am

Title: At the mall w/Ray, Beef and Ray's Mama -- 12/12
Post by: AugustWest on December 16, 2003, 01:02:17 am
Anybody else read this yet?

I get a distinct feeling that Onstad's childhood was very much like Ray's.  Also, I like the subtle way that Ray's Mom is being developed as a shadow character.
Title: At the mall w/Ray, Beef and Ray's Mama -- 12/12
Post by: wombat on December 16, 2003, 01:41:19 am
I was nearly inspired to start cutting up paper towel tubes, until I remembered I was a grownup.  But I don't know a kind of rubber ball that turns to dust when you step on it.  Maybe  it's something they hadn't invented yet in my day?

Sachertorte and fries, though.  Yuck.
Title: At the mall w/Ray, Beef and Ray's Mama -- 12/12
Post by: CortJstr on December 16, 2003, 02:07:36 am
I used to have a block & marble set just for this purpose. It was glorious.

I think he's talking about super high bounce balls. You'd usually get them like 3 for a quarter out of drug store vending machines. Although I only rarely encountered the cheap dusty-break-apart ones. They were always translucent.
Title: At the mall w/Ray, Beef and Ray's Mama -- 12/12
Post by: jay-ell on December 16, 2003, 03:54:48 pm
Perhaps you'd be interested in this, (http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/63b8/) then.
Title: At the mall w/Ray, Beef and Ray's Mama -- 12/12
Post by: CortJstr on December 17, 2003, 03:30:35 am
I loved the calico mention. Just to remind us they're cats.