The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on June 11, 2010, 12:41:52 pm

Title: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: wombat on June 11, 2010, 12:41:52 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06102010 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06102010)

Oh god people don't make me start this thread, I just want to stop reading the strip till it is over.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: CortJstr on June 11, 2010, 12:53:37 pm
Nathan is not at all concerned with Darren's bloody face. This concerns me.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: AugustWest on June 11, 2010, 01:02:02 pm
Nathan has a bulge.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 11, 2010, 01:27:13 pm
Yeah, there was no way this was going to end well for Nathan.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 11, 2010, 03:10:42 pm
The imaginary animal is surprised that his attempt at an innocent sexual encounter with a naked man in Dennys turned into something creepy.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: jaydub on June 11, 2010, 04:14:06 pm
This arc is not for the uninitiated.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: Doc on June 11, 2010, 04:31:05 pm
It's like the reverse great outdoor fight.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: side_show on June 11, 2010, 06:05:13 pm
Yeah, this arc is heading in the direction where I wouldn't even want to show it to someone for fear of judgment about my character if I were to.

Even worse:  I am enjoying it in spite of myself in some car-crash way.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: Dangermoose on June 11, 2010, 11:05:02 pm
Oddly, Nice Pete strips were the only way I could finally get my brother reading.  He's just that sort.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: Toaster on June 14, 2010, 12:59:41 am
Even worse:  I am enjoying it in spite of myself in some car-crash way.

I read that as "car-wash" and was puzzled.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: side_show on June 14, 2010, 04:33:43 pm
No matter how dirty it gets, it all comes out in the car wash.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: jaydub on June 17, 2010, 04:07:43 pm
Why did Onstad invoke Darlene in the title?  I don't see a parallel.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: JorgeFabregas on June 17, 2010, 04:10:35 pm
Darlene met an untimely end in her beau's vehicle outside of a restaurant? And she met the dude at the restaurant. I dunno...
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: AugustWest on June 17, 2010, 05:12:45 pm
Why did Onstad invoke Darlene in the title?  I don't see a parallel.

Because Darlene got bounced to death in a vehicle.
Title: Re: A singularity which occurred in 1977 - June 11 2010
Post by: Dangermoose on June 17, 2010, 08:32:34 pm
The Story of Darlene repeats itself, first as tragedy, the second time as farce.