The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on June 23, 2010, 02:10:30 am
-
Oh, sure, we have a comic (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06222010) about cats and serial killers, but the real meat of what we need is here:
EDUCATION. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2005/jul/18/uknews)
Using a high-speed video camera, researchers captured the reactions of flies as they dodged black discs being dropped on them from different angles. They found that instead of simply flying away, the flies rapidly flexed their legs, leaping out of harm's way.
The finding, which was presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Experimental Biology in Barcelona, suggests that when a fly sees a threat, its brain triggers a take-off manoeuvre which involves the legs as well as the wings.
"This isn't a reflex reaction," said Robin Wooton, an expert in insect biomechanics at Exeter University. "They must be using their brains, but they can't sit there and think about it for long."
As an aside, the "black discs being dropped on them" apparently have their own theme song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gedltb3CfY)
-
The insane cat is not stupid, just crazy.
-
wait. wait.
but the rear-view mirror should be in front of nice pete. when he closes that door it should be in front of him.
-
Yeah Im imaging a system of rails here where he pulls the mirror back behind him.
-
or he uses the side view mirrors for seeing....
-
Poorly conveyed?
-
(http://www.filmsy.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/kurt-russell-death-proof-4-2-07.jpg)
-
Is Steve DeNeuve going to arrive and intuitively know what to do? How many times will the main characters put up with Nice Pete trying to murder them? Has Nice Pete all but abandoned the high school motif?
-
How many times will the main characters put up with Nice Pete trying to murder them?
I guess this whole thing is all Roast Beef's fault (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01182007)
-
Don't follow Paul's link or you'll wind up spending 20 minutes picking through strips when Achewood was good.
QFT
-
I just want it to be over! Please!
-
So why come NP's Southern ways don't extend to Teodor?
-
I just want it to be over! Please!
I would be so bad at being in a situation like this, because this would definitely be my thought. "Seriously, just kill me? Please?"
-
Just because Pete is too classy to Take Teodore doesn't mean T is going to have a good High School Night.
-
wait. wait.
but the rear-view mirror should be in front of nice pete. when he closes that door it should be in front of him.
This was my first thought.
-
Yeah, that door attached to the rear view makes no sense.
The first time I saw it I thought it was just a lever to release the door mechanism, but pretty clearly it is attached to the door itself.
-
West Virginian magical realism.
-
Don't follow Paul's link or you'll wind up spending 20 minutes picking through strips when Achewood was good.
I just did follow Paul's link, and now I'm wondering what the hell I was doing in January of 2007 that I do not remember the concept of sleep-chillin' (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01302007).
-
It may be the Okocim porter talking
As it turns out, drinking. And that solves the mystery of the forgotten sleep-chillin'.
-
This was my first thought.
Nitpicking should never be the first thought.
-
Bobby, I'm really glad you didn't change the text under your avatar 'cause it goes disturbingly well with the mutant squirrel.
I'm rooting for Teador to man up for once and kill Nice Pete. A Heaven/Hell mini-arc would be great right about now.