The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: FeeReep on December 16, 2003, 09:41:06 pm

Title: ACK!
Post by: FeeReep on December 16, 2003, 09:41:06 pm
Man, I love pie charts almost, almost as much as Cathy loves pie.

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000084.html

Cathy... have my hyperhidrosistic baby.
Title: Re: ACK!
Post by: side_show on December 17, 2003, 01:53:52 am
Quote from: "FeeReep"
Man, I love pie charts almost, almost as much as Cathy loves pie.

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000084.html

Cathy... have my hyperhidrosistic baby.


Apart from Ray's prank call, this is the only time I can recall even chuckling about anything related to Cathy in years.
Title: Re: ACK!
Post by: St_Zartan on December 17, 2003, 02:04:30 am
Quote from: "side_show"
Apart from Ray's prank call, this is the only time I can recall even chuckling about anything related to Cathy in years.


Get ready, then, to hit the trifecta - the branch manager of my library lumps battered old Cathy collections (e.g. the seminal "Shoes: Chocolate For The Feet") in with our Graphic Novel Collection. That is correct - Alex Ross and Cathy Guisewite, contemporaries at last.

I do love taking shots at Cathy, don't get me wrong, but damn, that comic has to come from a deeply and fundamentally unhappy person.
Title: ACK!
Post by: andalucia on December 17, 2003, 02:06:28 am
Yes, but your library has a graphic novel collection, so quit yer bitching.
Title: Re: ACK!
Post by: V-Adore on December 17, 2003, 02:48:29 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
(e.g. the seminal collection "Shoes: Chocolate For The Feet").

The concept of a "seminal Cathy collection" terrifies me beyond human speech. That may also have something to do with my occasional poor parsing of the word "seminal," though.

The idea of "Cathy" in the graphic novel section gives me an assortment of horrible images related to graphic novel cross-pollination. Imagine, for a moment, "Watchmen" and "Shoes: Chocolate For the Feet" making sweet, sweet memetic love -- and then imagine their spawn.

Welcome to my world of pain.
Title: Re: ACK!
Post by: CortJstr on December 17, 2003, 02:55:07 am
Quote from: "side_show"
Apart from Ray's prank call, this is the only time I can recall even chuckling about anything related to Cathy in years.


http://www.libertymeadows.com/uncengal/pages/126.htm
Title: ACK!
Post by: slink on December 17, 2003, 03:14:18 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
Yes, but your library has a graphic novel collection, so quit yer bitching.


As does ours actually.
I always put it down to the fact that my mate (who is the closest thing I know to a Brodie) works there as their sysadmin, but apparently one of the other guys there is a huge comic nut too.
Since I have always, due to being poor, avoided getting involved in comics (I know I would end up like him, and be on eBay spending all my money weekly) it was theoly way for me to read all of Sandman and others.
Title: Re: ACK!
Post by: pmcd9 on December 17, 2003, 03:21:03 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I do love taking shots at Cathy, don't get me wrong, but damn, that comic has to come from a deeply and fundamentally unhappy person.


I'm sure that this comes as no surprise, but what I gathered from a TV interview with the woman, she is pretty much exactly the same person she draws in her strip.

She deserves our pity, not our scorn.

~Paul