The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on July 07, 2010, 10:47:11 pm

Title: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: wombat on July 07, 2010, 10:47:11 pm
http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php (http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php)

That Onstad, he is an unpredictable fellow.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: Drygioni on July 07, 2010, 11:23:15 pm
What in the fuck
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: Mr Trout on July 07, 2010, 11:53:43 pm
Yes! Great return to form. Now I've gotta come up with some questions to send in before he sees something shiny and gets distracted again.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 08, 2010, 03:08:22 am
He's giving us a taste of it without charge, I suppose.

"Loss leader" and all that.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: linnea on July 08, 2010, 03:42:42 am
Dammit, it's less than a magazine per month. Maybe I oughta go back over there and start reading again. I do feel obligated to help support The Achewood Cause in some way, however small.

...wait. I paid for my cookbook almost a whole year ago, and it's still not here.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: wombat on July 08, 2010, 12:11:56 pm
I wonder if he thought that taking pre-orders would inspire him to finish instead of rewriting the thing another hundred times. It was worth a try.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: CortJstr on July 08, 2010, 01:21:17 pm
I'd forgotten I bought the cookbook. I do constantly get e-mails from Amazon about the release date for Volume III changing.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: linnea on July 08, 2010, 01:28:03 pm
I think the pre-orders were more of a thing to pay for the cost of printing the book. However, I thought he'd be shilling a lot harder if he was still short on funds or whatever. I guess he's making a tidy living and doesn't need to deliver a book that a few hundred people already bought and paid for, I guess? I'm kinda sad that it's been so freaking long and the book still hasn't been released.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: pmcd9 on July 08, 2010, 04:30:19 pm
I think the pre-orders were more of a thing to pay for the cost of printing the book.

I think the book is being published by Dark hoss.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 08, 2010, 04:57:43 pm
In the store it says he was trying to take orders to know how many to print, and that they were supposed to be printed in mid june.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: wombat on July 08, 2010, 06:55:26 pm
I think the book is being published by Dark hoss.

Not the cookbook, though.

I have mentioned elsewhere that Onstad first promised me a new cookbook... let me check this again... in 2003. He was planning an "expanded" version that summer. Obviously the idea got out of hand.

The site now says that it will ship in mid June. Hmm, is that mid June of this year?
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: pmcd9 on July 08, 2010, 07:02:15 pm
I think that everyone that preordered the book should get together a class action lawsuit.  For compensation of damages you should demand a party.  Onstad will be required to cook recipes from his undelivered book.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: wombat on July 08, 2010, 07:10:32 pm
August! Write this letter to Onstad, now!
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: Dangermoose on July 08, 2010, 10:52:42 pm
I am a lawyer in Onstad's new state of Oregon.  I could certainly put a good scare into him for unlawful trade practices if I felt like being a cock to a stranger.  But I was brought up differently.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: wombat on July 08, 2010, 11:25:24 pm
I am a lawyer in Onstad's new state of Oregon.  I could certainly put a good scare into him for unlawful trade practices if I felt like being a cock to a stranger.  But I was brought up differently.

Aw, come on! We want to have a party!
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: AugustWest on July 09, 2010, 02:04:48 am
I am a lawyer in Onstad's new state of Oregon. 

For realsies?  We could form the TOUAMB Bar Association.  Maybe we could set up some online CLE's or something.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: Choop on July 09, 2010, 04:20:39 am
"... a good start"
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: Dangermoose on July 09, 2010, 05:08:34 am
Aw, come on! We want to have a party!

Somehow threatening to sue him seems like the ass-endest way to get a party out of him ... unless I saw it work in a movie once?

For realsies?  We could form the TOUAMB Bar Association.  Maybe we could set up some online CLE's or something.

Well you know I could see the fun in some Achewood-based hypos.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: Dangermoose on July 09, 2010, 07:12:57 am
Oh and also speaking of grounds for legal shenanigans, way more than half of the Ray's Place you used to pay nothing to get for free, is now behind the paywall.  I haven't read this extra bit yet to see if it's the good stuff, but it very well might be.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: wombat on July 09, 2010, 11:49:54 am
I think the rest of that Ray's Place is definitely worth my 2.99 for this month.
Title: Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
Post by: Lister on July 12, 2010, 07:44:10 am
I have mentioned elsewhere that Onstad first promised me a new cookbook... let me check this again... in 2003. He was planning an "expanded" version that summer. Obviously the idea got out of hand.

The site now says that it will ship in mid June. Hmm, is that mid June of this year?

I think this cookbook must have the recipe for Tomorrow Chicken in it.