The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: smick on July 13, 2010, 08:40:14 pm

Title: Cycling wishes...
Post by: smick on July 13, 2010, 08:40:14 pm
So I've been following the Tour de France.

Waking up early each day and catching the live feed of the last half of each stage.    It is really making me wish that I had watched Lance Armstrong in his prime.   I've never really cared about the guy one way or the other.   Now that I've looked around, it's made me wish I had caught some of his super human feats without any expectations.

As it stands, he had a bad string of luck and has found himself out of contention for what he's saying is his last TDF.


After watching the first week of the TDF, I'm coming to understand Bicycle stage racers are probably the toughest athletes out there.  Here's one of Armstrong's falls from Yesterday.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHBftK8okyA - This is the one from BEFORE the one that took him out.   I had to watch it a couple times to catch where he is.   For context, they're moving at 33-35 37-40mph* at this point in the stage.   

* - Metric is hard.
Title: Re: Cycling wishes...
Post by: side_show on July 14, 2010, 07:49:18 pm
I have really enjoyed watching the TDF in the past.  I've seen Armstrong take it.  I haven't had a chance to catch it this time around though.  I'm not sure what time I might find it on the tele actually.

Also a Canadian on the US team may be the first Canadian to place in forever.  That is cool beans.