The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on July 16, 2010, 12:36:27 am

Title: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: wombat on July 16, 2010, 12:36:27 am
Is that swimming pool full of chinchillas? That is a very bad idea.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07152010 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07152010)

I had no idea what was going on here without re-reading a bunch of previous strips. I felt better about my memory when I found that the last time we saw this scene was May 21st.
Title: Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 16, 2010, 01:24:12 am
This came up in the RSS reader as "I'm proud of you."  Here I thought Nathan was going to be delivering that line.
Title: Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: CortJstr on July 16, 2010, 01:38:48 am
I wonder what Philippe is up to
Title: Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 16, 2010, 02:47:04 am
The dialect work here is off-putting.

Maybe it is just my mood right now because the Mets are clearly going to get smeared by the Giants tonight but I am not in the mood for decoding artificial dialect.

Or the heat. The heat is making me crazy and impatient.
Title: Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: miles on July 16, 2010, 02:48:44 am
The dialect work here is off-putting.

Yeah, I remember thinking that when we were first introduced to these characters.
Title: Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 16, 2010, 01:44:52 pm
The correct thread time is "Whatcher bought on thet Yahoo-Ebay"
Title: Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: Choop on July 16, 2010, 03:16:33 pm
THE most forced and most poorly represented accent in the history of achewood.
Title: Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: Dangermoose on July 16, 2010, 03:43:29 pm
It is jarring to see Onstad flop at dialect and dialogue, like Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Maybe what's going on is that these two are actually only pretending to be hillbillies for some reason.

My mom's people, jes' folks ferm Ohier whut mov't out ta Californey in the 40's, made a go at raising chinchillas for some extra money.  So that part I buy, at least.
Title: Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: Lister on July 16, 2010, 09:29:20 pm
It was only two years ago. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07152008)
Title: Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: AugustWest on July 17, 2010, 01:46:12 am
I hope Beef didn't forget his dang ol' anniversary yesterday.
Title: Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: saniac on July 19, 2010, 08:15:18 pm
I'm thinking Nice Pete, being from somewhere in the country as we know, is related to Lurquilla and partner.
Title: Re: Amateur mayhem - July 15 2010
Post by: Death Ray on July 24, 2010, 04:51:54 pm
Although "You're going to stink between the shoulders" is my new family motto, I still think Chris oughta provide more than one strip a week. What's he want me to do? Subscribe??