The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Choop on July 19, 2010, 03:05:53 pm

Title: Name! That! Country!
Post by: Choop on July 19, 2010, 03:05:53 pm
_______'s Elite Pay Few Taxes, Widening Gap (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/19/world/asia/19taxes.html?th&emc=th)
"The lack of a workable tax system feeds an inequality in ________ society, where the wealth of its most powerful members is not redistributed or put to use for public good."

Did you guess it?
Title: Re: Name! That! Country!
Post by: jaydub on July 19, 2010, 03:49:06 pm
I'm guessing Russia, before Googling the quote.

Edit: Wrong - and I'm kind of scratching my head over the actual answer.
Title: Re: Name! That! Country!
Post by: Doc on July 20, 2010, 10:45:19 am
Canada?

Edit: Nope. I'm not super-surprised by the answer though.
Title: Re: Name! That! Country!
Post by: greenkoolayd on July 20, 2010, 12:23:29 pm
any country we have ever "helped", pretty much.
Title: Re: Name! That! Country!
Post by: side_show on July 20, 2010, 01:53:01 pm
I had no idea.

Here's a fun one: 

[blank] and [blank] [blank]: Online Sources for Mayonnaise and Friet Sauces (http://www.europeancuisines.com/Belgium-Belgian-Netherlands-Holland-Dutch-Mayonnaise-And-Friet-Frite-Sauces-Saus)
Title: Re: Name! That! Country!
Post by: fanta on August 19, 2010, 05:21:41 am
answer here:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=The+lack+of+a+workable+tax+system+feeds+an+inequality+site%3Anytimes.com&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=The+lack+of+a+workable+tax+system+feeds+an+inequality+site%3Anytimes.com&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=93c3c78db929eee0

I was gonna guess American society.
Title: Re: Name! That! Country!
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 19, 2010, 05:55:32 am
(http://www.obeythepurebreed.com/images/pug_big_brother.jpg)