The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on July 20, 2010, 02:42:19 pm

Title: Pale - Catastrophic Skies
Post by: pmcd9 on July 20, 2010, 02:42:19 pm
Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj4sexqgXRs)

This is a video by an up and coming Houston band I had never heard of before yesterday.  They did this video shoot at The Silo or Kennywould as it's called depending on what scene you are in.  Some friends of mine, Ken (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/4608572721/) and Belinda (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/4299851830/) own Kennywould (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/2156531357/) and another friend Big Beer (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/4597056889/) did the pyro.

I'm not sure what I think of it.  My first impression was that it's a load of pretentious crap.  But the music kinda grabbed me.  Something about the singers voice intrigues me. 

The story is ridiculous.  Apparently independent artist and the record companies are at war and that is why they are holed up in this post apocalyptic compound. 

Did that dude actually refer to his guitar as his wife?

Anyway, what do you guys think?  It's crap isn't it.
Title: Re: Pale - Catastrophic Skies
Post by: AugustWest on July 20, 2010, 02:53:32 pm
It better be fuck*ng great if they expect me to watch nine and half minutes of it.
Title: Re: Pale - Catastrophic Skies
Post by: robot_god on July 20, 2010, 05:09:53 pm
Yeah, I think "pretentious crap" is a pretty accurate description.

I had it on in the background while I was getting ready to leave, and when the vocals started, it actually made me laugh.  When he sings full-volume though, his voice is actually pretty good, but the rest of that falsetto deserves a Simon Cowell critique.

But yeah, that was pretty silly.
Title: Re: Pale - Catastrophic Skies
Post by: theinevitable on July 20, 2010, 05:36:34 pm
i guess the video's production values are pretty impressive, but I do not like this.