The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jough on December 18, 2003, 05:57:14 am

Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: jough on December 18, 2003, 05:57:14 am
Wow.

fuck*ng WOW.

Best. Trilogy. Ending. EVER.

And no fuck*ng Ewoks.

I'd also like to add that I'm ashamed of you so-called "geeks" for not starting a thread about the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King yet.  For shame, people.
Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: V-Adore on December 18, 2003, 06:37:33 am
I saw it tonight (thus explaining my long absence from the MB -- le sigh). I... was not entirely satisfied, but I'm a gigantic canon dork; overall, though, this was very good, and there were some points that were very nearly perfect. People should see it. Go, go!

(*ahem* Post #666. I feel odd about this.)
Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: pmcd9 on December 18, 2003, 12:40:27 pm
Not to nitpick, but the title of this thread is a spoiler.

This crazy girl at my work went to see it Tuesday night at midnight.  I'm gonna have to wait til the weekend.

~Paul
Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: jough on December 18, 2003, 01:14:57 pm
The title of this thread refers to subway graffiti c. 1978.  Not the film.

Get a grip, homey.
Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: jay-ell on December 18, 2003, 01:57:46 pm
Haven't seen it yet.  LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!  

I'm saving it, actually -- we'll be watching the trilogy, marathon-style, the day after Christmas with my brother and his wife.  Unfortunately we missed the theatrical re-release of the first two, so we'll be watching them on DVD before trundling off to the theatre, leaving "the kids" with my parents.  

SO exciting.  Particularly since my brother's not usually a geek*, and it's unusual for us to have something like this in common.  I will show him the ways!

*Correction: Brother is a geek, just a different kind of geek.  He's a high school math teacher.  He thinks Geometry is extremely awesome.  
Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 18, 2003, 02:36:45 pm
For pmcd9:
Frodo DIES.  Dies horribly and painfully.

OK, now you have to see the movie to find out which one is true.
Title: Re: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: CortJstr on December 18, 2003, 05:37:52 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I'd also like to add that I'm ashamed of you so-called "geeks" for not starting a thread about the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King yet.  For shame, people.


How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=458)

I was at the new Air & Space museum yesterday but that's got to be worth at least a few Geek Points.

Actually, the worst part is that I have to go back this weekend to get a present for my dad. Wombat, you got any mad-discount skillz over there?
Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: slink on December 18, 2003, 06:01:24 pm
Well, I'm going to see it this weekend, when it comes out over here. Well, OK it comes out oh, this evening over here!
So yes, I'll probably go see it in the next coupla days.
Mind you, I only just got round to seeing Two Towers last weekend!
Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: jough on December 18, 2003, 07:51:34 pm
:disgusted:
Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: V-Adore on December 18, 2003, 11:02:01 pm
I am rather ashamed of the fact that, despite being presumably several years younger than pmcd9*, and definitely born before 1978, I got the graffiti reference and he apparently did not. Go, V's Inner Dork.

Anyway, I won't spoil this one. At all. Not even the part where everyone totally dies.**


* Just a guess.
** Not an authentic spoiler
Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: side_show on December 19, 2003, 12:52:41 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Anyway, I won't spoil this one. At all. Not even the part where everyone totally dies.**


* Just a guess.
** Not an authentic spoiler


But weren't you all totally shocked at the amount of canabalism?  I thought hobbits were gentle creatures.***

***don't be stupid, you can't possibly think I'm serious
Title: Re: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: wombat on December 19, 2003, 01:20:49 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"


Wombat, you got any mad-discount skillz over there?


Nah, not even for myself - my ID badge has expired, so no employee discount till I take yet a THIRD trip downtown to see if THIS time they have finally given me the right info about the paperwork I need to renew it... your federal government at work, sigh.
Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: V-Adore on December 19, 2003, 02:09:13 am
Quote from: "side_show"

But weren't you all totally shocked at the amount of canabalism?  I thought hobbits were gentle creatures.***

***don't be stupid, you can't possibly think I'm serious

I dunno, I hear Jackson's saving the really hardcore stuff for the DVD cut.**** Keeps the MPAA rating down and all.

**** Well, he would have had he bothered to film the Scouring at all... but that was off-screen cannibalism, I suppose.*****
***** Really. And I really should be using something better than asterisks, but I'm lazy.
Title: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
Post by: pmcd9 on December 19, 2003, 04:01:26 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I am rather ashamed of the fact that, despite being presumably several years younger than pmcd9, and definitely born before 1978, I got the graffiti reference and he apparently did not.


I never ride the subway.

~Paul