The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Harlock Hero on August 12, 2010, 01:55:52 pm

Title: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: Harlock Hero on August 12, 2010, 01:55:52 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08122010

I like how the Brisket36 Initiative involves the need for wisdom Known only to Mr. Bear. Perhaps this will shape up to be one of those "bring all the players together" arcs, despite my being just on the verge of losing hope (FOREVER)  prior to Roast Beef's arrival.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: CortJstr on August 12, 2010, 01:57:20 pm
Having Emeril's face appear suddenly above the word "help" would give me the chest-grabs as well. And yes, this arc is finally looking up.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: AugustWest on August 12, 2010, 02:09:07 pm
And yes, this arc is finally looking up.

My thoughts exactly.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: pmcd9 on August 12, 2010, 02:24:44 pm
RAY!!!
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: Choop on August 12, 2010, 02:37:27 pm
dear god those ARE pantaloons aren't they
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 12, 2010, 02:40:33 pm
dear god those ARE pantaloons aren't they

Took me a while to figure out what's in the following panel--knives stuck in the wall?  I suppose they are T's skinny boots.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 12, 2010, 02:54:15 pm
I'm actually a little sad that the trash-spotting crew isn't going to manage this in-house. It seems like Ray (or if Ray's in trouble, Beef) saving the day is the conventional ending for the character(s)-in-danger arcs.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: Choop on August 12, 2010, 03:05:40 pm
i don't think emeril and spongebath are really capabable of much more than calling the cops. and aren't you ready for a couple of achewood's conventions after this outstretched creepfest?
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: CortJstr on August 12, 2010, 03:25:06 pm
i don't think emeril and spongebath are really capabable of much more than calling the cops. and aren't you ready for a couple of achewood's conventions after this outstretched creepfest?

Ray and Spongebath can put together the clues (like when Philippe was missing in the dump) but Ray is A Cat of Action.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 12, 2010, 04:17:48 pm
That debt really should be owed to Roast Beef.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: Dangermoose on August 12, 2010, 04:47:26 pm
The debt should also be owed to Teodor but I think Pete has sensed that he was not a main guy of that decision.

The word "help" is written there exactly as it is on the wall in my brother's basement.  (It's been a nightmarish puzzler there since he moved in.)
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: theinevitable on August 12, 2010, 05:34:21 pm
dangermoose-- AHHHHHH.

I love that every time we see ray sleeping, he is in that exact position.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: wombat on August 12, 2010, 06:59:12 pm
It seems like Ray (or if Ray's in trouble, Beef) saving the day is the conventional ending for the character(s)-in-danger arcs.

Of course it is. Wouldn't you want to be able to summon Ray if you were in trouble? It is the sensible thing to do.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 12, 2010, 07:34:16 pm
I feel like...

If this arc were coming out in some kind of every-other-day or twice-weekly fashion, I would have a lot more patience for the fact that it is just vectoring back toward interesting.

During this arc, I have bottomed out to the point where I was only reading was to keep up in conversation with y'all.

I realize "artist's rights" and "it is free, asshole" and all that but holy shit, dude is undermining the hell out of himself creatively by moving so slowly with this particular story.

The weird sidebars into bad hick dialect would be so much less annoying if they were sitting on that page for two days instead of a week and a half at a clip.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: robot_god on August 12, 2010, 11:14:40 pm
Emeril looks really weird in the darkness like that.  It's really just Nice Pete in disguise, by the end of the arc Nice Pete slaughters every character except for Todd and Pat, then Achewood ends.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 13, 2010, 12:50:16 am
Fanfic
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: Dangermoose on August 13, 2010, 02:41:39 am
dangermoose-- AHHHHHH.

I know, right?  It doesn't help that his basement is in suburban Chicago and reminiscent of that bad Kevin Bacon movie Stir of Echoes.

I'm wrong there are no bad Kevin Bacon movies.

I love that every time we see ray sleeping, he is in that exact position.

And his face just looks right.  I see people in bed and all of our faces do this weird flattening thing.  That musta taken minutes in Illustrator.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 13, 2010, 04:03:17 am
"I see people in bed" he casually says--as if he may be in the toothfairy business.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: greenkoolayd on August 13, 2010, 04:42:49 am
"I see people in bed" he casually says--as if he may be in the toothfairy business.

if you wake up and you have the taste of nutty cheese-log in your mouth, then you know why...
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: arlucasinc on August 13, 2010, 04:12:17 pm
I feel like...

If this arc were coming out in some kind of every-other-day or twice-weekly fashion, I would have a lot more patience for the fact that it is just vectoring back toward interesting.

Yeah, I kinda feel like at this point we might see this thing tied up by sometime next March.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: Dangermoose on August 13, 2010, 04:30:01 pm
Dogs, too.  Their jowls all hangin loose.  Never seen a cat in this position though.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 14, 2010, 04:45:23 pm
Of course it is. Wouldn't you want to be able to summon Ray if you were in trouble? It is the sensible thing to do.
I don't know. There's always the danger he might cut himself opening a sour cream container. Or he might abandon a dying man.
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: Dangermoose on August 15, 2010, 08:02:45 am
Reviewing how this story started --

remember (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05092010) --

just noted that this is generally how NP approaches Teodor:

!!! (http://achewood.com/?date=10222003)
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: arkabee on August 17, 2010, 01:18:36 pm
Took me a while to figure out what's in the following panel--knives stuck in the wall?  I suppose they are T's skinny boots.

huh. i thought those were random eyebrows strewn in the house.  T's boots makes much more sense.  thanks.



also,
why is "help" carved into the window sill?  old story arc, or just random fabrication, or something i missed recently?

or did T scrape it into the windowsill as Peter drug him through?
Title: Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
Post by: Toaster on August 18, 2010, 06:35:55 am
The way I imagine it, Teodor stood at the window for a while talking to Pete, stalling, and carved it then.