The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on August 19, 2010, 05:39:01 pm

Title: Rifftrax?
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 19, 2010, 05:39:01 pm
Any of y'all hitting a satellite simulcast of the Rifftrax of "Reefer Madness"?

It's basically the dudes who were the later staff of MST3K making fun of "Reefer Madness" except... live from San Diego-ish, beamed into a couple hundred theatres nationwide.

Which is... an entirely rad thing.

http://www.fathomevents.com/comedy/event/rifftraxreeferlive.aspx?utm_source=RiffTrax_ReeferLive&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign (http://www.fathomevents.com/comedy/event/rifftraxreeferlive.aspx?utm_source=RiffTrax_ReeferLive&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign)

Back in Angeles, I could'a walked to a theatre to see it but... out here, I gotta drive an hour to Albany to find a participating moviehaus.

Ain't nothing wrong with mingling amoungst the Albanians, tho.
Title: Re: Rifftrax?
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 19, 2010, 06:53:42 pm
I understand your doubts, totally.

Your point that "Reefer Madness" is low hanging fruit, I get.

But I saw them mock a programme of old Christmas shorts last December, same deal simulcast, and it was really rather good. Totally worth it.
Title: Re: Rifftrax?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 19, 2010, 07:25:26 pm
I saw Plan 9 From Outer Space before the Christmas one. I didn't see the Christmas shorts live, but I agree that they were good. I also saw the other MST3K alums, Cinematic Titanic, in Milwaukee.

The choice of movie does seem uninspired in this case.
Title: Re: Rifftrax?
Post by: pmcd9 on August 19, 2010, 07:57:47 pm
I don't get MST3K.  To me they = unfunny.
Title: Re: Rifftrax?
Post by: theinevitable on August 19, 2010, 09:12:18 pm
I just can't handle that it's called "Rifftrax."

Like, I am a smug dude I guess, and I mostly want to make fun of that name.
Title: Re: Rifftrax?
Post by: robot_god on August 19, 2010, 11:53:32 pm
Few people can be humble about being smug like our man Dan.
Title: Re: Rifftrax?
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 20, 2010, 03:57:10 am
It was really fuck*ng good.

The theatre was entirely sold out, damned full of Albanians.