The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: lprkn on August 22, 2010, 07:19:12 pm

Title: Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
Post by: lprkn on August 22, 2010, 07:19:12 pm
For those of you that didn't know (me). link (http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/aug/19/kurt-vonnegut-memorial-library-indianapolis)
Title: Re: Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
Post by: Doc on August 23, 2010, 10:23:26 am
Nice, especially the rejection letters. Most of us will probably never be world renowned leaders of our fields but just on the off chance those suckers are worth keeping so that they can be used when people figure out how to turn shadenfreude into clean energy.
Title: Re: Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
Post by: AugustWest on August 23, 2010, 12:55:29 pm
Since I'm about 90 minutes from Indianapolis, I'm planning on making a trip sooner or later.
Title: Re: Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
Post by: jay-ell on August 23, 2010, 02:50:49 pm
when people figure out how to turn shadenfreude into clean energy.

I just fell in love with Doc all over again. Have a can.
Title: Re: Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
Post by: theinevitable on August 23, 2010, 05:40:59 pm
I just realized I have never gotten a rejection letter, only rejection emails.

(I think it probably would have been good for me to get some, but I am SO AWESOME.)

I was always kind of glad when I got rejection emails back from jobs, because that meant they at least looked at my resume and stuff.