The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jay-ell on August 26, 2010, 11:37:32 pm

Title: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: jay-ell on August 26, 2010, 11:37:32 pm
http://www.slate.com/id/2264784/ (http://www.slate.com/id/2264784/)

I don't know much about Kanye, but from this article about his Twitter history, he sounds an AWFUL lot like Ray.

Quote
"Everything's the right backdrop for a suit."

Quote
He was particularly excited about a bowl that squats regally on a gold base. The bowl is made of milky, hand-painted porcelain, with two grippable gold lions curling up its sides. "I copped this to eat cereal out of," he said.

Quote
"Who is the cat who wears the world as a hat? What's the name of the guy who is greeted when he wakes by the St. Pauli girl and a plate of pancakes?"

Somebody should make a quiz with quotes culled from Ray strips & Ray's Place as well as Kanye's Twitter feed. "Who said it: Kanye or a Cartoon Cat?" This should be a Thing.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: miles on August 26, 2010, 11:59:05 pm
I saw that article the other day but haven't read it yet. But it made me think of this (http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/gowhere-hip-hop/2010/01/aziz-ansaris-night-out-with-kanye-west.html). It's Aziz Ansari's tale of his adventures with Kanye.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: pmcd9 on August 27, 2010, 02:50:08 am
That's very Ray like, yes it is.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: CortJstr on August 27, 2010, 02:56:47 am
eBay, what's the best thing you got?
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: jay-ell on August 27, 2010, 03:05:16 am
Quote
A guy came up to the flight attendant and asked her for a pen knowing damn well he had a pen. I guess people already know the strategy.

What?

Also:
Quote
Hey man, Do you know any good calligraphers, I need the writing looking extra pretty.
Quote
Man, I dig this font thing! I'm gonna make myself a logo! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09302002)

Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: TripperDay on September 16, 2010, 04:49:00 pm
I bookmarked Kanye West's twitter page after reading a mashup of his tweets and cartoons from The New Yorker and realizing that the cartoons were entirely unnecessary.

Quote
I want to edit the film on a boat... where are the good editing boats?

followed by

Quote
I need my editing boat to be designed by Mark Newson and or Jeff Koons or like a collab of both or like put some Picasso's in there or yes
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: Nabubrush on September 16, 2010, 08:25:51 pm
Did everyone see the Jeff Koons art car (http://www.metafilter.com/94687/It-didnt-turn-out-minimalist)? (Apologies for linking to my post on MetaFilter about it, but I didn't want to rebuild the thing, and also apologies to Paul because it isn't actually an artcar, and I thought that was obvious, but sone people were snarky about it over there.)
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: pmcd9 on September 16, 2010, 08:48:59 pm
I have a vague memory of that car.  I don't recall thinking that it wasn't an artcar though.  Do you have a pic of it to refresh my memory?
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: Nabubrush on September 16, 2010, 10:23:16 pm
I can't tell if you are kidding; my link has a world of links within it to pictures, video, etc. But here are all the BMW artcars (http://www.bmwism.com/bmw_art_cars.htm). This page (http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/06/jeff-koons-art-car-doesnt-suck/) has some photos of the Koons car. It is not an artcar as you think of artcars, which is why I apologized to you right up front.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: Doc on September 17, 2010, 03:01:13 am
That is a car with art on it, how is it not an art car?
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: pmcd9 on September 17, 2010, 06:18:14 am
Yeah, it's an artcar.   like Doc says, it's a car and it has art on it so It's an artcar.  It's not a particularly great one.  It's also a wrap job which diminishes it as well, throwing it into the temporary artcar category.  But, y'know, we're inclusive in the artcar world.

I guess Jeff Koons is a golden child or something in the art world and his stuff carries a certain cache.  The art world is overrun with frauds like this guy.  That car is nothing special.  Any competent graphic designer could come up with that in their sleep.  It's no big deal and I've seen a lot better.  But because it's Jeff fuck*ng Coons it's considered a big fuck*ng deal.  He probably got paid a truckload of cash too.  I hate shit like that, but yeah, it's an artcar.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: Nabubrush on September 17, 2010, 01:35:38 pm
They used to actually paint the BMW artcars - that's what Warhol and Rauschenberg, etc, did. They made a conscious decision to wrap this one because they raced it in 24 hours at LeMans, and they wanted to make it more aerodynamic.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: Doc on September 17, 2010, 01:46:34 pm
Well, yeah. Clearly it's not as good as any of Paul or his friends' artcars.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: Nabubrush on September 17, 2010, 01:53:08 pm
I, too, would have been happier had it belched flame - but they probably would not have let it on the track, and it would have been upsetting to BMW shareholders.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: pmcd9 on September 17, 2010, 05:50:18 pm
Well, yeah. Clearly it's not as good as any of Paul or his friends' artcars.

To be fair, some of my friends cars are pretty lame.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: side_show on September 17, 2010, 06:48:34 pm
I haven't been posting, but wanted to note, I've been enjoying the comparison.  I think it's spot on.

More quotes:

Quote
"Why everything that's supposed to be bad/Make me feel so good?"

Quote
“Come on now! How could you be me and want to be someone else?”

Quote
"The Bible had 20, 30, 40, 50 characters in it.  You don't think that I would be one of the characters of today's modern Bible?"
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: Nabubrush on September 17, 2010, 09:26:52 pm
I guess the Koons pic of Cicciolina probably appeals more than that car does, at least to this crowd.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: Chump Change on October 03, 2010, 09:31:01 pm
Quote
Man ... ninjas are kind of cool ... I just don't know any personally

Quote
Man... whatever happened to my antique giraffe tank?

Quote
Man these is all future wifey types yo!!!! #FASHIONNIGHT

Quote
I make awesome decisions in bike stores!!!



Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 07, 2010, 11:08:41 pm
cat on roomba (http://catatar.com/boom-headshot/)
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: miles on October 07, 2010, 11:25:25 pm
There has to be a video out there of Kanye fuck*ng around on a roomba. It has to exist. There is no possible world in which this cannot exist. It just has to be found.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: Nabubrush on October 07, 2010, 11:33:44 pm
Quote
If my manager insults me again, I will be assaulting him. After I fuck the manager up, then I'm gonna shorten the register up.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on April 08, 2011, 03:57:33 am
Prince filtered through the recollection of Carlos Boozer and Jay Willliams is quite a bit like Ray. http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6300425&source=NBAHeadlines

Quote
Booz told me how he had this massive house ... blue fountain waves kind of came down streaming water that led to the front door and all this great stuff," Williams said recently on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "And I remember him calling me, 'Dude, you will never guess, I rode past my house like three times, I had no idea it was my house.'


"Supposedly, Prince changed the front gate to the Prince sign, he changed the master bedroom to a hair salon, he changed the streaming blue waters that led to the front door to purple water, he knocked out walls, he changed the molding on top of the ceiling. Booz was livid. So pissed off, so angry ... He put his Purple Rain stamp on it ... Booz was like, 'I was getting ready to go over there and beat this little man down.' And dude was just like 'Here, Boozer, here is a little check for about a million, it'll take care of everything, get it back the way you want it.' And Booz was like, 'This little man is cool as hell.'"
A check for about a million dollars to solve a problem reminds me of Ray's "about 600 dollars" method of restitution.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: Nabubrush on April 08, 2011, 05:28:13 am
Boozer is from Alaska. One of our biggest sports stars, maybe next to Schlereth and Scotty Gomez.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on September 10, 2011, 05:36:39 am
Kooly The Bear seems like a Ray knock-off.
http://www.trueamericandog.com/2010/08/kooly-bear-afraid-to-meet-his-father.html
http://www.trueamericandog.com/2011/02/kooly-bear-unveils-new-cd-store.html
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: pmcd9 on September 25, 2011, 04:50:25 am
Kanye or Hitler? (http://youtu.be/0RMdwA8GWB8)
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: side_show on September 25, 2011, 12:53:11 pm
Quote
“I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph.”

Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: lprkn on September 26, 2011, 01:49:55 pm
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/314965_10150443054449115_638499114_10845214_125342593_n.jpg)
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: side_show on June 12, 2013, 09:23:48 pm
This. (http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/kanye-times-interview-quotes.html)
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: jaydub on June 12, 2013, 11:56:22 pm
Ah, you totally stole my thunder.  I heard some of these on the morning radio show and was thinking, "This has to go in the KanRe thread."

(http://www.artfire.com/uploads/product/8/128/26128/4326128/4326128/large/courvoisier_cognac_bottle_lamp_night_light-eco_led-diamond_like_coated_interior_beautiful_sparkle_and_glow_bodacious_bottles__4ccdea2f.jpg)

Also, was he referring to something like this, or is there actually some other epitome of dopeness called Corbisier?
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: side_show on June 13, 2013, 01:16:23 am
Le Corbusier was apparently an architect/designer.  His stuff is not my style.  Kanye's stuff, also not really my style.
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: theinevitable on June 13, 2013, 03:33:40 am
Corbusier is one of the dudes who totally destroyed urban planning/cities for a generation by giving people an excuse to apply art concepts to spaces that were meant to house actual humans. Fuck that guy.

(http://iamyouasheisme.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/radiant-city.jpg)
(http://www.pruitt-igoe.com/press/web/1500px_AerialView_Pruitt-IgoeMyth_Credit-StatHistSocOfMO.jpg)

Which one is a conceptual drawing and which one was hell on earth?
Title: Re: KanRe Wesmuckles?
Post by: pmcd9 on June 13, 2013, 03:44:48 am
I don't think I would want to live in one of his buildings.