The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on September 06, 2010, 06:44:43 am
-
Link to Pics on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/flydime/sets/72157624681464369/with/4931722021/)
Apparently this has been going on for 60 years or so in this little town in Spain.
-
Sexy ladies smashing ripe juicy tomatoes all over each other once a year?
When will our backward American traditionalism ketchup with Europe?
-
This town is someone's fetish.
-
Paul, you need to go!
-
Who goes to the one where a
donkey goat is thrown off a church roof from a belltower?
*edited for reality check. Make that surreality check.
-
Paul, you need to go!
No, I could never go to this. It makes me sad just seeing the pictures of all the wasted tomatoes.
-
I never would have suspected Paul of having such sadly misplaced priorities.
-
You people KNOW how he feels about tomatoes. That is like the first thing I knew about Paul!
-
Paul, I feel you need to rethink this. Saying those tomatoes are wasted is like saying, if you glued, I don't know, bottlecaps all over a car, the bottlecaps would be wasted. This is performance art.
-
Paul, I feel you need to rethink this. Saying those tomatoes are wasted is like saying, if you glued, I don't know, bottlecaps all over a car, the bottlecaps would be wasted. This is performance art.
Canned for checkmate.
-
It just reminds me of the long months of winter when good fresh vine ripened tomatoes are so hard to come by.
It's harvest time when the tomatoes are juicy and bursting with flavor. They should be eating those tomatoes raw, and cooking them into a thousand different recipes. They should be celebrating the plentiful harvest of tomatoes and not splattering them against a wall.
I guess this is akin to the running of the bulls in Pamplona. Except at the end of the running of the bulls the bulls aren't lying in the street dead, their blood splattered on the walls.
Also, you'd think that people writhing around half naked in a river of tomato sauce would be more sexy. Sadly, it's not.
-
But if the tomatoes have souls...
Wait.
Wrong thread.
-
I guess this is akin to the running of the bulls in Pamplona. Except at the end of the running of the bulls the bulls aren't lying in the street dead, their blood splattered on the walls.
Uh, I thought the bulls were going to the bullfighting ring in Pamplona. So at the end of the day...
-
Uh, I thought the bulls were going to the bullfighting ring in Pamplona. So at the end of the day...
...their testicles are on a plate, and their flesh feeds the poor.
-
Paul can't imagine that a place could just have too many tomatoes.
-
Paul can't imagine that a place could just have too many tomatoes.
That's because that place does not exist.
-
dudes chugging hotdogs
prison?
-
spotted: http://www.tomatoesareevil.com/
-
Basically every tomato in my city had blight this year. I have seen way too many a tomatoe based travesty this summer. When harvesting them, I did caution my husband to be on his best behavior, because I had many a rotten tomatoe on hand.
Also when picking my tomatoes I had the unplesantness of feeling my fingers sink into one, turned it over, and it was a mother fuck*ng slug nest. I hate slugs, especially when it comes to skin on skin contact. So gross. The only time I liked slugs was when I had puffer f-i-s-h, because those cuties loved to scarf slugs. They would go into a feeding frenzy if I dropped a couple in the tank - damn things are practically all meat!