The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: wombat on December 19, 2003, 03:16:51 pm

Title: Holiday Merchandise being put to good use
Post by: wombat on December 19, 2003, 03:16:51 pm
Here are Ray's no fry, no butter hot wings, as in the recipe accompanying Ray's Rad Chilis hot sauce.  The lame attempt at a Christmas-theme presentation can only be blamed on me, though.

(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/xmaswings.jpg)

The hot sauce is nice and garlicky but not very hot.  But never mind, I only bought it because I love the picture on the label.
Title: Holiday Merchandise being put to good use
Post by: CortJstr on December 19, 2003, 04:05:58 pm
I don't know if I could put something with "rad chilis" in the name into my mouth. But anyway, how are the wings?
Title: Holiday Merchandise being put to good use
Post by: slink on December 19, 2003, 05:38:27 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I don't know if I could put something with "rad chilis" in the name into my mouth.


Ah, but they're Ray's rad chilis...
I see your point doubly.
They do look good though?
Title: Holiday Merchandise being put to good use
Post by: V-Adore on December 19, 2003, 07:24:57 pm
I love the presentation -- both festive and oddly more appetizing than the Chili's-style "hot wings inna basket" mold.

How are the actual wings?
Title: Holiday Merchandise being put to good use
Post by: wombat on December 19, 2003, 07:55:16 pm
The evaluations of the two tasters:

Spouse: Need a much hotter hot sauce and need all the butter and frying that was purposely not in the recipe.

Me: Need a slightly hotter hot sauce, but otherwise lovely.  

I was glad to be forced to finally buy some kitchen shears, but I'm not sure you really need to do the whole complicated thing of making the wings look like little lollipops, instead of leaving them natural. It doesn't affect the taste or how they cook.  I think, only a person who stays home drawing comics and answering email and cooking dinner all day with no commuting, would think that cutting up the wings like that is reasonable.  I mean this in the nicest possible way, speaking as a person who used to have a work life a lot like that. It gives you rather different culinary standards from a person who goes to work five days a week at 6 am and is on her feet all day.