The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: JorgeFabregas on September 10, 2010, 12:58:35 pm
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09102010
Didn't think there would be a strip today, didya? Didn't bother checking.
Looks like Onstad turned his ennui into a strip. I like that the call girl wants johns to respect her DNR (do not resuscitate).
-
I know, given the mood around the boards that you chose the right title, you did.
But I still like 'Restroom Eyes gets his way'.
-
So was this written before Adult Services went away?
-
that was the best issue of OUI
-
Oh ye of little faith.
If he sold that sign, I would buy it. For me and a lot of friends. I might have to figure out how to make one myself if he doesn't.
-
Might I also note that this could have been a week's worth of strips if he was doing it like a normal three panel newspaper strip, so I don't want to hear any more kvetching for at least a week.
-
When the RSS feed showed it was a Fuck You Friday, I was guessing it was going to be all "Don't like my lack of updates? Well, fuck you then!"
-
Is "took a shit with the lights on" an extant turn of phrase or did he make that up?
Because... that's what I'm fuck*ng talking about right there.
When you've got the unique patois of your own characters ideated perfectly, why mess around with half-realized hick dialects at all?
(Did Lyle look off-model to anyone else or is it just an artifact of the strip's... leisurely pace?)
-
found it (http://www.justmensmags.com/ouimase19nak.html). nsfw, natch
-
Buying that magazine and sending it to Onstad in lieu of a donation would be rather "for the win" in the parlance of the times.
-
(Did Lyle look off-model to anyone else or is it just an artifact of the strip's... leisurely pace?)
He's not sporting his glasses, if that's what you noticed.
-
Maybe it is backward hat PLUS no glasses.
I'm trying to think if I've seen that combination on that character before.
He almost looks like Lyle's "Lil Nephew" equivalent.
Maybe it is just that since some of his lines aren't closed fully, it makes it look like he has really slight shoulders from the wrong angles.
-
if this comic were a pu$$y i would fuck it.
-
The man may be workin' it slow these days, but he can still deliver the chuckle.
-
Another long-shot theory:
Perhaps the last line of this strip is literal to his life, his stocks took a shit and that's what put him in a tailspin?
-
ALSO:
Do you think it would help for him to just concede the previous storyline somehow?
Chucklebot steps out of the shower and it was all a dream?
-
I think he's gonna eventually get every character in the back of that van sucking each other off and Nice Pete is gonna murder tham all.
-
I think he's gonna eventually get every character in the back of that van sucking each other off and Nice Pete is gonna murder tham all.
Tidy, no?
-
Is "took a shit with the lights on" an extant turn of phrase or did he make that up?
Google suggests that he made it up.
-
It's amazing how he makes up new idioms that sound like the cool people have been saying them forever.
-
It's amazing how he makes up new idioms that sound like the cool people have been saying them forever.
Yes it is. Dammit, I guess that takes time. Sigh.
-
if he wasn't so fuck*ng brilliant, i probably wouldn't get so irritated at a lack of his brilliance.
-
I feel that way about my spouse sometimes.
-
He says "Please help us keep the servers lit and firing!" Maybe he's trying to keep the traffic down by only posting a strip every two weeks.
-
"Evacuate? In our moment of glory?"
-
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2002
interesting phrasing there so soon after the last achewood...
-
Maybe it is backward hat PLUS no glasses.
I'm trying to think if I've seen that combination on that character before.
He almost looks like Lyle's "Lil Nephew" equivalent.
Maybe it is just that since some of his lines aren't closed fully, it makes it look like he has really slight shoulders from the wrong angles.
Yeah, there's only one other appearance of this 'lil nephew Lyle in front of the computer' afaik, where he hides under a towel.
-
I've been saying "Why I got to know code language just to get my chang chang wet?" to myself all day for some reason.