The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: dejavroom on September 18, 2010, 06:35:10 pm

Title: Guillermo DelToro's At The Mountains of Madness
Post by: dejavroom on September 18, 2010, 06:35:10 pm
Can it really come through? James Cameron is onboard, which oughta ensure an obscene amount of leverage with the studios. His presence more likely than not signals that they're gonna do some cool visual shenanigans with Lovecraft's shoggies. They're going for some of the biggest no-nos in the industry: tentpole horror, hardcore R, period pic, no love interest, unhappy ending.

Needless to say, my cock could put a trumpet to good use right now.

Title: Re: Guillermo DelToro's At The Mountains of Madness
Post by: Nabubrush on September 18, 2010, 07:25:15 pm
Needs more Jodorowsky.
Title: Re: Guillermo DelToro's At The Mountains of Madness
Post by: dejavroom on September 18, 2010, 07:32:15 pm
Oh, I don't know... Jodorowsky's vision would be too strong & personal and skewed. Not that it wouldn't be interesting, but then I think we'd be left waiting again for something that was closer to the original...
Title: Re: Guillermo DelToro's At The Mountains of Madness
Post by: pmcd9 on September 18, 2010, 09:18:30 pm
Well, lets see how badly Hollywood can fuck this up.
Title: Re: Guillermo DelToro's At The Mountains of Madness
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 19, 2010, 01:30:05 am
im willing to give a chance to anything guillermo del toro does.  that dude constantly gives me spinefreeze.
Title: Re: Guillermo DelToro's At The Mountains of Madness
Post by: Doc on September 19, 2010, 05:18:08 am
I'm hopeful, I'm damn hopeful.
I never saw the second Hellboy, how was that? I imagine that would be a good gauge of what Del Toro does in a studio setting with a movie people expect to see a return on.
Title: Re: Guillermo DelToro's At The Mountains of Madness
Post by: dejavroom on September 21, 2010, 11:53:57 pm
It was... pretty decent, actually. And it can give you a good idea of a certain visual sensibility which I think might come off quite well in a Lovecraftian setting. Actually, good thing that you mentioned Hellboy: The universe in which Hellboy lives is (not only) visually, very steeped in Lovecraft. It's an acknowledged influence in Mike Mignola's books. So yeah, I'm starting to think that the guy might have a pretty good idea in his head of what to do, visually (but not only viusally, hopefully), of the shapeless, shambling horror that is a Lovecraft story.