The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: HudsonVC on October 01, 2010, 05:38:56 am

Title: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: HudsonVC on October 01, 2010, 05:38:56 am
In which Nice Pete finally wearies of being society's stared-at man:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09302010 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09302010)
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: pmcd9 on October 01, 2010, 06:45:23 am
In which Nice Pete finally wearies of being society's stared-at man:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09302010 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09302010)

Wait, too soon, it's only been 7 days..
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 01, 2010, 07:23:43 am
I do enjoy that Beef saved the day, and only could have saved the day, by being so depressing that he made the horribly-internally-tormented serial killer feel better about himself.

It feels like the characters veering back to their personal true-north-alignments, anyway.

Still. If this is the wrap-up to an arc that felt like it derailed because even the author realized that it was going the wrong kind of dark, you get this anti-climactic feeling that maybe this was originally going to go on a lot longer and it was realized that this had to end as quickly as it could without throwing up hands and hitting a reset button.

Anyway.

Beef acted like Beef and Pete acted like Pete and that's maybe a start.
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: wombat on October 01, 2010, 11:42:57 am
Reason wins out over violence. I see no anticlimax here.
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 01, 2010, 01:06:11 pm
I own far too many sports jerseys already, but apparently I need to get a Maple Leafs jersey now.
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: CortJstr on October 01, 2010, 02:12:14 pm
I own far too many sports jerseys already, but apparently I need to get a Maple Leafs jersey now.

Isn't that what the Toronto Kid wears?
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: side_show on October 01, 2010, 02:18:10 pm
It's what drunk assholes wear. 
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: side_show on October 01, 2010, 04:50:39 pm
I have a love/hate relationship with T.O.  Or maybe it's better to say I'm ambivalent about Toronto, having made money and had successes there, but having felt sort of distasteful about certain aspects of the place.

My general dislike of hockey hooligans is not geographical though.  I just don't like drunken hosers, eh?

In regard to the strip... the alt text had me loling, and it's been a while since that happened. 
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 01, 2010, 04:59:46 pm
Is Nice Pete's pubic-hating father's pinhead a bit over the top?
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: AugustWest on October 01, 2010, 05:08:24 pm
I have a love/hate relationship with T.O.  Or maybe it's better to say I'm ambivalent about Toronto, having made money and had successes there, but having felt sort of distasteful about certain aspects of the place.

My general dislike of hockey hooligans is not geographical though.  I just don't like drunken hosers, eh?

In regard to the strip... the alt text had me loling, and it's been a while since that happened. 

Why the hate for Terrell Owens?  Donovan McNabb fan?
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: pmcd9 on October 01, 2010, 06:43:40 pm
Maybe it's because the Maple Leafs are one of the most successful teams in history as well as having one of the longest droughts from the championship.  They are the New York Yankees and the Chicago Cubs all rolled into one.  How can you not hate them?
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 01, 2010, 07:02:26 pm
When I hear of the Leafs, all I can think of is the running gag in Kids of the Hall where inviting a dude to a Leafs game was always the lead-up to a gay propositioning.

As if somehow the stereotypes of being gay and the stereotypes of being Canadian are in some constant way for dominance in their world.
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: Dangermoose on October 01, 2010, 08:16:17 pm
Is Nice Pete's pubic-hating father's pinhead a bit over the top?

Yeah, but

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10272003
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 01, 2010, 09:25:28 pm
Aha! I had completely forgotten that strip.
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: miles on October 01, 2010, 11:35:19 pm
Yeah, that's some serious fuck*ng continuity, that is.
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: wombat on October 01, 2010, 11:45:32 pm
That's some serious fuck*ng remembering.
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: side_show on October 02, 2010, 04:40:33 am
Why the hate for Terrell Owens?  Donovan McNabb fan?

I... umm... who?

Go team Canada!
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 02, 2010, 04:46:39 am
He is kind of like...

Hm.

If the Fonz and Lindsay Lohan had a baby that was really good at football three or four years ago but isn't actually now.
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: robot_god on October 02, 2010, 11:21:53 am
I'm pretty certain that T.O. is a closeted gay man.  If his talents were elsewhere than the NFL, his diva attitude might actually have been commended.  Also last year he was hospitalized on a what was seemingly an attention-grab-suicide-attempt which was swept under the rug pretty swiftly.

edit:  ...until NOW!
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 02, 2010, 03:27:15 pm
Are you talking about this?
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1540060,00.html (4 years ago)

Because that got a shit-ton of coverage at the time.
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 03, 2010, 04:04:04 am
A metric shit ton.
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 03, 2010, 04:13:02 am
Wouldn't it be "tonne" in metric?
Title: Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
Post by: robot_god on October 03, 2010, 07:28:32 pm
Nah, I don't remember that one.  It happened last year, and the story was gone in two days, so it must have been the second time.  See?  Yous didn't even catch it they swept it up so quick.