The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on October 07, 2010, 11:28:24 pm

Title: Achewood Tributes
Post by: pmcd9 on October 07, 2010, 11:28:24 pm
I was searching through my Flickr when I came to realize that I have a LOT of Achewood Tributes (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/sets/72157624992211405/).  Has anyone else done anything like this?
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: wombat on October 07, 2010, 11:36:36 pm
Yes. (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/achefood.html)

Why aren't those on Flickr? Because Flickr hadn't been invented yet.
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: Nabubrush on October 07, 2010, 11:39:40 pm
I love Hell Baby.
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: wombat on October 08, 2010, 12:00:36 am
For me that Hell Baby is basically where this whole thing started. An important historic moment.
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: jay-ell on October 08, 2010, 12:41:56 am
I remember that Hell Baby picture. Orange plate and everything. That was from the OLD board, wasn't it?

Holy crap, we're getting old, and we're doing it online.
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 08, 2010, 01:14:00 am
I while back I picked up a stuffed otter that looks quite a bit like the original Philippe (http://www.achewood.com/about.php).  So what I was going to do was to re-enact the scene any time Philippe appeared in the comic, and post it to the board.  I didn't (http://www.bigfool.com//huuugs/deadbodies.jpg) get very (http://www.bigfool.com//huuugs/dogcken.jpg) far with that.
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: wombat on October 08, 2010, 01:14:13 am
The Hell Baby was from Dumbrella. Onstad announced that he wanted someone to make it and post a picture, and I immediately ran out to the store to buy ham and sausage. The rest is history.
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: Nabubrush on October 08, 2010, 02:11:50 am
All of this is why I love Hell Baby. I have always loved and will always love Hell Baby.
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: jay-ell on October 08, 2010, 12:39:16 pm
I am pretty sure I did send him some memory. If I didn't, it was only because the kind I had wasn't compatible with his motherboard. I seem to remember getting a note from him that said, "Thanks for the memory," and the very concept makes me giggle. But it was all so long ago...and my brain does tend to...embellish...without prior warning.
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: Nabubrush on October 08, 2010, 04:03:01 pm
I remember JeffRo posting a picture of him and two young beauties drinking the bourbon I sent him, but I don't remember O doing so. That might just be because Jeff was really complimentary in the post. I'm bummed because I wanted to go back and get the picture and it had been removed (the girls might possibly have been underage or he wanted to protect their identity or something).
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 19, 2010, 03:47:37 pm
Last night the wife and I went to Eggspectations, a local restaurant that specializes in egg dishes.  I ordered a frittata.

Guess what I asked my wife not long thereafter?  No, go on, guess.
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: Choop on October 19, 2010, 03:54:47 pm
Last night the wife and I went to Eggspectations, a local restaurant that specializes in egg dishes.  I ordered a frittata.

Guess what I asked my wife not long thereafter?  No, go on, guess.

"Will you have my retarded baby?"
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: Nabubrush on October 19, 2010, 04:02:47 pm
I bought him a couple albums off his Amazon wishlist. The Clash - The Clash, and Christopher Parkening - In the Spanish Style. I think he said something about having had the Clash album stolen from him a long time ago, and that was why he wanted another copy.
Title: Re: Achewood Tributes
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 19, 2010, 05:14:22 pm
"Will you have my retarded baby?"

Her name isn't Cathy.