The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on December 22, 2003, 03:14:05 pm

Title: Clarification of "rutty" 12/22
Post by: CortJstr on December 22, 2003, 03:14:05 pm
So is Ray's Place done in kayfabe (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kayfabe) or out? I'm confused.

When he went back in time Ray popped in to drop of/write the columns but now he's in hell yet the column is here. Are we supposed to think he wrote it before he died? Or was kayfabe dropped and Ray the character is in hell while Ray the "actor" wrote the column between strips?

Now if you'll excuse me I'm in the middle of a Death Star vs. Borg cube thread on another message board. </Comic Book Guy>
Title: Clarification of "rutty" 12/22
Post by: jough on December 22, 2003, 08:19:08 pm
God, that conversation with soldier-boy and Saddam Hussein is one of the funniest things I've read in awhile.

That, and "Sex Pocket" had me laughing out loud.

I think it's been pretty much established that the strips are acted and that when Ray writes his advice column it's the "real" Ray.  It's just that like Jack Nicholson, Ray pretty much plays himself.

I guess when he went back in time he could have really gone back in time, like totally shooting on location, whereas the Hell strips may just be on the Underground back lot or something.
Title: Clarification of "rutty" 12/22
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2003, 08:45:50 pm
Ray's answer to the last question is so perfect.  If I was still in the business of giving advice to students I would print it out and post it on my door immediately.
Title: Clarification of "rutty" 12/22
Post by: V-Adore on December 23, 2003, 12:08:21 am
If I had started this thread, I totally would have titled it "Filming A Pussy And Dick Fight Scene." That phrase rocks my world.