The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on October 15, 2010, 07:22:53 pm

Title: Shave the Date
Post by: pmcd9 on October 15, 2010, 07:22:53 pm
I've become a meme (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/5081519444/). 
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 15, 2010, 07:25:57 pm
I've shared the notion with my facebook list and with vigour.

I think it is a key thing to see if we can make you a national meme, to see if we have that collective power here.
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: Nabubrush on October 17, 2010, 01:11:34 am
That's pretty odd.
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: pmcd9 on October 17, 2010, 01:15:32 am
In what way odd?  That they did this, or that I somehow discovered it?  Or are you referring to the piece itself is odd?  Or is it odd that I find it so hilarious?
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: fanta on October 17, 2010, 03:29:16 am
I don't get it?
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: Nabubrush on October 17, 2010, 04:01:00 am
I find it just as hilarious. I find it odd that it happened, though. Congratulations?
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 18, 2010, 05:39:19 pm
In what way odd?  That they did this, or that I somehow discovered it?  Or are you referring to the piece itself is odd?  Or is it odd that I find it so hilarious?
More odd that one of your friends found it. I wonder what search terms Jenn use to find your photo in the first place.

Edit: I did not figure out the search terms, but I did figure out that the happily married couple are lesbian and that one is likely transgendered. This should be no surprise, though, since Paul's mustache is quite progressive.
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 18, 2010, 05:52:00 pm
The search term was "awesome mustache" and it was the top result.
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: Nabubrush on October 18, 2010, 06:00:06 pm
Oh man. I hope Paul's mustache doesn't turn them straight.
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 18, 2010, 06:15:06 pm
Scientists theorize that this attribute of Paul's mustache would have made faster-than-light travel possible if only Freddy Mercury were still alive and we could touch their mustaches together creating pure warp energy.
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: jay-ell on October 18, 2010, 06:19:46 pm
Oh man. I hope Paul's mustache doesn't turn them straight.

If everyone's gay for Nabu, and Paul's mustache has the power to turn lesbians straight, what would happen if Nabu and Paul kissed?

I think we need to do further research into this, preferably with photos/video for...posterity.
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: pmcd9 on October 18, 2010, 06:24:47 pm
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4083/5083300168_beb813af01.jpg)

You know I AM trying to encourage the spread of this meme.  If someone wants to make a shave the date photoshop assemblage that includes  Nabu and I kissing that would be awesome. 
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: CortJstr on October 18, 2010, 06:30:02 pm
If everyone's gay for Nabu, and Paul's mustache has the power to turn lesbians straight, what would happen if Nabu and Paul kissed?

I think you'd end up with something like that buttered cat array that was the talk of the internet in the late 90s
Title: Re: Shave the Date
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 18, 2010, 07:20:13 pm
This reminds me a facebook thread where a friend called someone's associate a homophobic cunt and pretty soon we had invented a flying car by strapping her, splayed and naked, to the bottom of the car and having the streets lined with naked ladies and the homophobia of her cunt repelling the car skyward in a homophobic pu$$y version of mag-lev monorails.

If it makes you feel any better about the fact that, yes, I leave weird facebook responses for everyone, not just you all.

The dude in question is a college buddy of a close friend and I think I've met the actual dude, like, twice.